Hi, i need help, i have two different questions, may someone please guide me.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Ikgantsheng, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Ikgantsheng

Ikgantsheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, i need help, i have two different questions, may someone please guide me.

1. I would like to know if is allowed to have silent partners in the close corporation business. if yes, what the procedure can be? like, is that necessary to also put them in the business CK1, (do they also share the members interest?)

2. I would also like to know that, if the business is registered, as close corporation currently with one member, but not yet running, means there is no production yet. next year February during our financial year, is SARS anticipating us to pay tax? i mean the business is registered with SARS also, so that we can have a letter of good standing, for in case we start at anytime. but not yet started.

Yours Trully
    Ikgantsheng

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Ikgantsheng, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

What country or state is your business based in?

3. Ikgantsheng

Ikgantsheng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My business a member of Close Corporation, is located in South Africa.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ikgantsheng unfortunately I'm not familiar with company law in South Africa. However, for questions as specific as yours you should probably seek professional advice. If you have an accountant it would be worth your while running these questions by him / her. A good accountant can use their expertise to get everything right from the beginning and save you a lot of money and expense in the future. If you don't have an accountant, this would be a could time to get one, to help you with these issues and to act as a source of knowledge as you build the business.