Hi from China - Sourcing and Logistics Solutions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pauldla, Jun 19, 2010.

1. pauldla

pauldla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I'm Paul, originally from Ireland but now living and working in Shenzhen, China. I'm currently working as GM for a logistics and sourcing company. If anybody has any questions they'd like to ask about sourcing from China, I'd be happy to pass on any advice I can.

Cheers,

Paul

2. Scottypops

Scottypops
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BAF.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice to meet you Paul! Welcome to the Business Advice Forum. Thanks very much for the offer of help. So how did you come to be working in China if I may ask? :)

4. pauldla

pauldla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Came out here on a break from work about eight years ago, and never went back. Married a local girl, had kids, and before I knew it....! :)

5. heather_coffee

heather_coffee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Paul,

Your services sound like exactly what I need. I'm starting a coffee roasting and distribution business targeted at domestic Chinese consumers, based in Hong Kong with the majority of operations occurring in Guandong.

My business will have a completely outsourced business model, wherein the raw coffe beans are imported through an import agent, transported to a contract roaster, and roasted and packaged by the contract roaster, then ideally warehoused and drop shipped by an integrated warehousing and logstics provider as orders come in from customers (online).

I'm working on sourcing my whole logistics solution, and I'm having trouble identifying one that provides will warehouse small volumes, then package and ship small customer orders within China. The language barrier is making it even more difficult. What I'm having the most trouble with is as follows:

Please note that I will start with small volumes, but I intend to scale quickly, once my supply chain is running smoothly. Therefore, I would like a provider that won't break the bank while I'm a startup, and is also capable of scaling with my business. Someone that operates DCs in other regions within China would be ideal for when my business gets large enough to need regional hubs, but it is not a requirement at this stage.

Thank you very much, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
    Heather