Hey!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by calebtheslacker, Jan 31, 2010.

1. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone! My name is Caleb, and I am a marketing major in college currently, on my sophomore year. My business is called Failcookie, and it's a music business that I created personality since I want to go into the music industry. I am up for trying new business ideas, but I don't like staying in one area, but music is my primary interest and one I have studied the most in. So there is some stuff about me. Anymore questions?

Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Caleb, welcome to our business forum. I hope that you can get a lot of help for your business here and that we can learn from each other.

What does Failcookie actually do and do you have a website for it?

3. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love it when people ask me that :) Currently, the site is down...sadly. I had to buy books for college and just haven't got the funds to get it back up.

But Failcookie was a word me and my friend came up with. My business right now, is more of a service than anything. Our statement is "Everyone needs a positive with a life full of negative." So we took music and decided to study the lyrics of them all and write about them. Which is a lot of fun! But it's my sampler business right now. Just trying to find my niche in a variety of ways.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would it be true to say that the only cost required to get your site back up would be for web hosting? Maybe you should try free hosting? Or even use a service like Blogger for your site?

Sounds like an interesting idea. I look forward to seeing your site when you get it back up and running.

5. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes web hosting is my only downfall. But most of the free web hosting doesn't have the required software that i need (like ioncube, more than one database, etc) so I took advantage of GoDaddy while I have it in hope of being able to "expand" without having to migrate everything to another server. But just something I am working on. I may go to a free web hosting before long.

6. Alfacorps

Alfacorps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello celeb, i'm new to here. so nic to meet you

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Have you had a look at some of the large low cost hosting companies like HostGator?

8. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just did. Wow. Much better! Thanks so much for the link!

9. chriskennedy10

chriskennedy10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Love the name very funny!