Hey guys I need help making this better

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by Arthur Spooner, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So Im building a video site for entrepreneurs and business minded people that hosts nothing but content from the top business sources like (Inc.com, Entrepreneur Magazine, Bloomberg, Fortune, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, etc.) An informative site that everyone here would find useful. But I feel there is something missing and I want to be able to really serve the business community in the best way possible. I really need some feedback as to how I can make this thing better. http://usmoneytube.com/ If you have any ideas as to what I could do to improve this please feel free to let me know!

2. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about an advanced search option to make it easier to find videos on topic of choice?

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats a great idea...I didnt think of that..I wonder if there is an advanced search plug in for WP. Other than that, what do you think of the overall feel and idea of the site?

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The design and layout looks fine. However, the top right corner looks empty, you might want to add something over there. Do you have registrations or subscription? You might want to add your CTA over there. And restructuring the tabs would be better they look all cluttered right now.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Arthur: I think the links in top Navigation bar can be minimized. It looks little mismanaged there. The Facebook like-box could contain something more than just the little like button. The Logo looks fine to me. I think you can fill up your bottom of your site with some relevant links.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I find the rotating / flashing logos at the top of the site really distracting and off-putting, I'm referring the the Fox, WSJ and other ones. Others will feel differently, but for me they cheapen your site and annoy me to an extent that I would not want to stay on it. Perhaps smaller logos that don't rotate, or even a slower rotation would help improve the first impression given by your site.

7. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing you may also do that the one who are commenting in the site,give them some points like start from silver points,then gold points.For ex: the one who are regular posting give them golden points,the one who are not so regular give them silver points and then organize small competitions with 10$ to increase the traffic on your site.

8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Funny thing I was really on the fence about the flashing logo deal...and "cheapen" is a great choice of words.

9. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would add some social media share buttons on pages. A short description of each video may also be helpful (just to let the search engines know a bit more about every individual page on your website).

10. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Share your video on social media channels and video sharing website with informative title and description. Description should be unique and depicts your business values. This helps to boost your business traffic and sales.

11. yapsody

yapsody
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website looks good.
    You can add more color and videos arrangement can be more better.
    Also add favicon to your website.

12. Multima$tery

Multima$tery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The videos and organization of your sites seems to work well. You might want to add more written content under each vid (maybe a couple paragraphs) so Google and other search engines will have more to pickup and index. As far as that Discover image at the top, I see it's just an offer but just didn't like the way it looked for some reason - plus the offer is expired.