Hey everyone - I'm a wedding dress seller!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Princessly, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princessly

Princessly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a China based entrepreneur whose primarily focus is online marketing and SEO. I'm fairly experienced in this area and have lots of websites with decent traffic. For now I'm trying to start a bridal gown store, Princessly.

The problem right now is we can't find any wedding dress franchises or brands that would like to put their products on our websites. For testing purposes, we are uploading all kinds of random gown images we found on the web. I'm here to look for some real makers or designers who would let us use their images and sell for them.

I tried to contact some wedding gown dealers but none of them got back to me.

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

2. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can find many manufacturers on Alibaba.com, i'm not sure if you have already tried that.

I also have some personal friends who are dress designers, they are not specifically wedding dress designers but they are very exclusive servicing the VIP and celebrity markets, I'm sure if you want they could design some bridal gowns for you. PM me and I will hand you my friends contact details. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our webmaster and business forum Princessly. I've had a look at your website and it looks great, well done.

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but Amazon sell wedding dresses. You could earn some revenue for your site by joining Amazon's affiliate program and promoting their dresses on your site.

There are also lots of wedding dresses on eBay. You could have a look at eBay's Partner Network to see if that could work for your site.

4. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Fergal mentioned a couple of ways (Amazon and eBay) that your site could earn money selling wedding gowns as an affiliate and I know that there are bridal gown companies with affiliate programs. Are you looking to stock wedding gowns in inventory and sell them directly? Or do you want to have manufacturers drop ship the dresses but you collect the money and pay them for the merchandise? Or are you OK earning with affiliate programs?

Since you have a shopping cart on your site, I am guessing you don't just want to get the small percent that an affiliate typically gets on a sale, is that correct? Usually sites that settle for making a few percentage points from an affiliate program are information or niche sites like www.weddinggownstyles.com rather than full-fledged shopping sites.

Many of the well-known brands may be uncomfortable selling to or drop shipping for a start-up because of the risk of non-payment. Being China-based possibly makes that even more difficult for non-Chinese manufacturers because of the jurisdictional problem.

Have you tried contacting China-based manufacturers? The may lack a recognized name but I suspect that many buyers will buy based on how the wedding gown looks and not on whose name is on the label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.