Here should be a option "Be friends"

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by kamal.prakash, Oct 10, 2009.

1. kamal.prakash

kamal.prakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here should be a option "Be friends"

so that we all can make friend here...and improve the forum as much as we can:D

2. j.name

j.name
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there is a option in vbuletin 3.8.4 and i am sure this forum is using 3.8.4 so there will a option of it you see in User CP

3. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is an old thread I ran across. What do you think? Are you here to make friends in addition to getting advice in the forum? Would you like to see a "Be Friends" or similar category?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I wasn't sure if Kamal meant the option should be in the forum itself or as part of the "Off Topic Discussion" forum, so I moved the thread here, which I thought was more appropriate. To address j.name's comment, there is an option to "follow" any member you wish, if you click on their username in any of their posts. This would be similar to "friending" them, and would improve each individual member's experience, as they could "Start A Conversation" with the people they choose to "follow" if they wish. Their is also now a brand new "Chat" option, where members can have a conversation in real time with anyone on the forum at the same time.
    If Kamal was referring to a "Be Friends" thread in the "Off Topic Discussion" forum, I'm not sure it would really improve the forum. The "Off Topic Discussion" forum now contains posts like "Do you like cats or dogs more?", "what is the rarest eye color?", and, at one time had a thread called "Are you a boy or a girl?". I understand the old saying "All work and no play....", but I would prefer to see threads that would inspire actual discussions. I know we just reorganized the forum, but perhaps the "Off Topic Discussions" forum can be separated into sub-forums for subjects like "Sports". "Movies & TV", "Outdoor Activities", etc., and those who join the discussions can "follow" or "friend" each other.