Here is a question...... about using multiple urls to promote one site

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Tule, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Tule

Tule
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I own several related urls to my main site and i would like to use them somehow to help drive traffic to my site. I would like to get them all to rank and make them go to my main site if it won't hurt my ranking. How is this done?? More input the better as I am at a loss on this subject. thanks, tule

2. Nill Smith

Nill Smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mean...? You wants to redirect them to your main site? And then after you will create links on them for your main website.

Let me clear.. :)

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If, as Click SSL asked, you are attempting to get all of these URLs ranked, and re-direct to your main site, it's not going to work. The SEs rank websites, not URLs, so they will know that all these URLs actually refer to the main site. It may actually be viewed as a way to try to trick the search engines, and can result in your site getting penalized.

4. Tule

Tule
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the help. I was trying to think of a way to use these in some benefit to my site. Sometimes I am searching for a business and on page one of google I will click on two or three different results and end up at the same busniess. Any ideas on how I might get some benefit? thanks, tule

5. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should only promote your main site. There is a danger that your traffic will come to one of those sites but will not be redirected to you once your visitor won't click to go to your main site. This is a tricky job.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Sometimes, one website will have different pages ranking for the same phrase, which is why you will see more than one listing for the same website. One company can also own multiple related websites, which may be ranked for the same phrase. You can do this if your URLs have actual websites attached to them. Unfortunately, it's not a good idea to use your own websites to send links to each other.

7. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I understand, you want to promote many pages of your website to get them rank against single keyword. I think that this is not good way, it leads to stuffing matters.

8. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should only enhance your major website.There is a risk that your visitors will come to one of those websites but will not be rerouted to you once your guest won't press to go to your major website.This is a confusing job.

9. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have question, you own several URL or several domain?

If I am you, I will put a banner to those site and advertise main site, it will encourage click through rate and backlink. URL or domain which to be permanent redirect, the link itself will stop growing or loss PR, because others cant create link back to the particular url or domain.

10. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should only enhance your major website.There is a risk that your visitors will come to one of those websites but will not be rerouted to you once your guest would not press to go to your major website.This is a confusing job.