Help with the basic ideas of creating an online business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by scrynick, Jun 22, 2011.

1. scrynick

scrynick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all :D this being my first post here and i hope many more!

I was wondering what the thoughts were on my online business niche idea: Dog walking leashes .

I had a few questions about my idea:

What are YOUR thoughts on this idea?
    Is my idea too vague?

I currently am doing the 30 day challenge, I am on the 5th day and i just wanted to make sure that i had a good idea before i advanced any further. I do have the trial version of Market Samurai, although I plan on buying the full version soon.

Any and i mean ANY help would be great, and if this is in the wrong section just move it. THANKS

• Like Like x 1
  2. mvh

mvh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

1)What makes you think that it is a niche idea?
    2)Have you done market research about it?
    3)Is there demand for it?
    Use Google Trends and also if you can - spend a few bucks on a research company...

My concerns:
    That the shipping would (might) be more that buying one dog leash. This might put some people off buy at your online store vs. going to a pet shop at the local mall.

It is easily replicable by other people; as there is no patent or complexity required to mimic your business.

Positive thoughts:
    On the other hand, you don't need to buy stock unless an order is placed and your overhead will be small per month, since you can run the web business from home. So giving this a try - and might it fail, you should suffer little financial loss.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum scrynick, I hope you are enjoying the 30 Day Challenge. How do you plan on making money from your site, e.g. will it be from advertising revenue, affiliate sales, direct sales of something else?

Once you have your site up and running you would be welcome to promote it in the relevant section of our Free Advertising Forums.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My question, is this the topic you have a broad knowledge of? Do you know a lot of things when it comes to dogs, breeds and such?