HELP With my Business ideas MARKETING PLAN?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Oliviaswell, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Oliviaswell

uix_expand uix_collapse

May 19, 2011
    Ok well after developing a new product- helped mainly by the people of yahoo answers, I have it patented and a manufacturer ready to produce, but to get the finance needed to produce them I need to sell my product idea.
    I have produced a business plan but my potential investors want to see a marketing plan so what I need is a marketing plan……

I have mainly done all of the other business stuff myself so am hoping that I can be redirected to a site where all I need to do is to fill in the blanks and keep my potential investors appeased.
  2. Fergal

uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Oliviaswell welcome to Business Advice Forum. Did you use a business plan template when putting your business plan together? Did that template have a section for Marketing?

Marketing plans will normally include the following sections;

• Industry Analysis - existing competitors and market share
    • Market Analysis market size, segments, who are your potential customers, what do they value
    • SWOT Analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
    • Marketing Strategy - Price, Product, Place, Promotion, marketing channels, routes to market

Does that help? Are there any sections that you would like explained or more info on?
  3. ecombiz1

uix_expand uix_collapse

Apr 29, 2011
    There are many different ways of making a marketing plan, individual business have different areas that are most important to them. Any plans you make should have emphasis on the areas you feel are most important to your business.

The key aspects of a plan are to describe each area, look at the best opportunities for your business, and come up with a sensible objective (and hopefully ideas on how to achieve it). This will give you a number of objectives across all areas of your business. Even if an objective is to “Keep marketing costs as near to level with last year as possible”, you will have a set written goal, and will therefore be more likely to achieve it.

Remember, a marketing plan may just mean writing down your current strategies, there may be no need for change. However, the plan will still help, as it will show you that the strategy is ok, and, may point to ways of ensuring it continues to be successful in the future.

They key areas of marketing that all plans should look at are the following: