Help with forum

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Scarface_007, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I want to add the categories below to my forum can anyone suggest best place to add them..

Shall I add them on to the categories already there or make new categories for these.

Gadgets OS, Software's, hardware,

link to my forum in signature,

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I went to your forum and noticed that "Gadgets OS" is already a subforum (what you call a "child board") of the "Gadgets" forum. Is the "Software" ( NOT Software's) category different from the "Downloads" forum? If so, maybe you can make "Software" the parent forum and "Downloads" the child. Also, "Hardware" needs clarification - is it only Computer Hardware or other types as well? As with "Software", perhaps "Hardware" can be the parent forum, with different types being the "child" boards.

3. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The reason why i asked for help was to find out whether software and hardware would be useful and which seems the case but then i didnt know the best place to put them on the site, hence I requested help but I'm still not clear as yet If i have software as the main board and child been the downloads and same for hardware then the compact will not be the case which i dont want. Anyways thanks for the help any one else want to share thoughts?

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you have Gadgets as the main topic then you can put Gadget Os as the sub-forum. And hardware and software can be main forums and Downloads can also be a parent if you do not want it under the Software category. With regards to where you should place them i think both Software and Hardware can be placed in the Tech Section only anywhere in the Top 3 slots.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your forum is a Tech forum, it's good to go with those categories or sub forums. But I notice that your forum is getting spammed. I see 2 spam posts in recent posts. Thank you.

6. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for helping rocky http://awesomescreenshot.com/09e124eeba This is the screenshot i have marked were i placed those on the shot if you can please have a look and see if its ok and same goes for everyone please do have a look and feedbacks is helping thanks in advance

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thanks thats the problem one of my forum got spammed i took it off sportsofurm although i didnt even work on it much but somehow spammers made it to 4000+ posts with 4000+threads damn

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm confused by this - what do you mean by "the compact will not be the case"?

8. Scarface_007

Scarface_007
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I mean i want to have my forum compressed so it doesnt take up 2much wasted space and look weard i wanted more categories but try be as compact ( compressed) as possible.