Help with a business name?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by JBMedia, Jun 24, 2011.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was thinking of starting a content creation business offering all type of online services, yet I cannot get my creative thinking cap on for finding a good professional, memorable, and SEO friendly name for it.

Can anyone help assist me with some starting ideas?

2. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I think your user name JBMedia is also quite relevant to what you are planning to do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ahh unfortunately a bad business venture with this name had tarnished it as far as I'm concerned. However I do own the site Sky9Media.com which Sky 9 is my new "Business Identity" online I guess you could say. Only problem is, the URL itself is not SEO friendly by any means. And I also plan on opening up multiple businesses and was thinking of having that particular URL used for a directory of all the businesses and services Sky 9 will offer.

Do you think it would work for a content creation business site though? I might just consider in doing that.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe you can consider JBcontentsolutions which contain your name and considered seo friendly

6. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

With Google's recent Panda update, and the upcoming 2.2 upgrade, it might be a good idea to find a different way of describing your service other than "content creation", because potential clients may want to avoid anything that may cause their sites to be downgraded by Google. For this reason, you might also want to avoid using anything in your domain name that gives them the wrong impression, and use backlinks using the desired keyword phrases to increase your rankings. Also, because of the problems with JBMedia, you may want to use the "Sky9" name, instead of "JB", in your domain name as well.
    I also noticed that you do not have a website yet, using the "Sky9Media.com" URL. Are you planning on using it as a website? If so, why not use the content creation service as part of the main website, instead of building a separate website, and coming up with a new domain name?

• Like Like x 1
    #7 Joseph.Shivell, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  8. cris_mac

cris_mac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about JBmediasolutions?