Help!Vinyl stickers online shop--advise needed!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Betoo-stickers, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Betoo-stickers

Betoo-stickers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello! We opened internet shop and currently trying to sell vinyl stickers for mobile devices - laptops, ipad, iphone.
    we had some expirience in this sphere before- we sell these skins on ebay. Com and etsy.com and it was quate successful.

But now we have problems with orders in our web site. We have about 250 visitors every day from all over the world (thanks to some advertising we buy - banners). We checked statistics and got such information :people are looking at our stickers, even entering the cart (!!!), quite often. But there is no orders at all! Can you please check it out? maybe there is something wrong in our website? (english is not our mother language-we are from Russia;))

our website - http://betoostickers.com/

Some additional info:
    - we use Shopify Platform and hosting
    - shop is opened about 7 days ago
    - number of visitors every day is about 250
    -depth view is 2,2 pages

We would be very grateful if you will pay attention to my question:) thanks a lot!
    victoria

2. nataliya

nataliya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many total visitors have you gotten? And what kind of sites are you advertising on? Banner traffic can vary tremendously in quality and relevance. If you're getting highly untargeted visitors who aren't really in a purchasing state of mind, it could take thousands of visitors before you see a sale (if at all). On the other hand, if you're getting really relevant traffic from people who are in a shopping mindset (such as people who are at Google searching "vinyl laptop sticker" or "laptop decal"), you'll see a much higher conversion rate.

Also - I would strongly recommend that you keep selling on eBay, Etsy, etc.. Those marketplaces are a great way to keep sales high, and you can include coupons or business cards in the packages when you ship them. Those coupons can then lead people to your email list, your Shopify store, etc. so that they may eventually become YOUR customers and not just eBay's customers or Etsy's customers.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May I know how much do you sell those vinyl stickers?

4. gumrosin

gumrosin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site looks good. I like it.

5. Betoo-stickers

Betoo-stickers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

natalya, thanks for your reply!
    We have 1274 visitor for this moment. We buyed banners on different sites. First is mobile9.com and we see these visitors are highly untargeted - view depth is about 1-2 pages and they are from africa, middle east countries etc. But we also have banners on sites - blogs about Mac and IPhones. and we see better quality visitors from there. Their view depth is more, but they still dont making orders. We also tried facebook ads, but what we got is just "likes" from these visitors.;)
    So we Want to try google Adwords to attract people who are in shopping mindset as you said.

complicated question for us is, why people are visiting cart and adding some stickers there, but dont make final purchase. Maybe they are scared away with something - like the dont understand how to pay or dont want to use PayPal, or dont believe in their security...

6. Betoo-stickers

Betoo-stickers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We sell it about 5 months in etsy and a week in our website:)

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Nataliya's suggestion was a good one, and I'm glad to see you are going to try more targeted advertising with Adwords. I do see a couple of problems that advertising is not going to solve.
    When people place orders in their cart, how many skins on average do they order? The reason I ask is because your shipping fee is a flat $4, and your skins range in price from $4 to $14. Personally, I don't think people are going to want to order something when the shipping cost is almost as much as the item itself - even for the higher priced items, $4 to ship this type of item seems too high. I also noticed this: "Delivery takes up to 3 weeks, but usually faster: it depends mainly on your country and how long the letter go through the customs." If I did place an order in spite of the high shipping fee, I would expect faster delivery because the fee is so high. Check a few other sites to see how long shipping should normally take - 3 weeks seems too long.
    Although you say English is not your mother language, I only found two slight errors. One was in the quote above - it should read "how long it takes the letter to go through Customs". The other is on your "Feedback" page where it says, "Betoostickers.com is best place to buy beautiful skin for your device and a perfect gift for your friend!". A better way to put it is, " Betoostickers is the best place to buy a beautiful skin for your device and is a perfect gift for friends or family!".

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been shipping items in and out of the country for quite a while but I can say that the price is just fine. Most post office have a minimum weight and price accepted. For example, for items that weigh 500g have the same price as items that weigh 250g, if the minimum price is for items that weigh 500g.

One can save shipping fee once they order more items.

When it comes to transit time, it's also normal especially if you use SAL or Registered Air Mail. Maybe Betoo-Stickers can allow their customers to choose the shipping option that they liked. EMS is much faster but much more expensive.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked with a few companies here in the US, and you are right about international shipping, however, local shipping is almost half what Betoo-stickers charges.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah. But faster shipping method costs more than slower and cheaper method. Sometimes double the amount.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No question, a faster shipping method will cost more, but my point, as you can see from the posts quoted above, is that a local company, using standard shipping rates, can ship faster, at a lower cost, than Betoo-stickers can. For example, a local company can ship one item, using standard shipping, at a cost of slightly more than $2, and get it to the customer in 4-7 days. Betoo-stickers charges $4, and the item can take 3 weeks to arrive. Why, therefore, would I buy from an overseas company, when I can get what I want locally at a lower price?

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have a point there. This makes me wonder why Betoo-Stickers don't try to market their products locally first?