Help Turning Large Inherited Asset into a Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by dexter23, Mar 20, 2016.

1. dexter23

dexter23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi. I've recently inherited over 100,000 art prints (lithographs) from a family member's former business. They're all the same print, in mint condition and were appraised to be worth $70-$90 per unit at retail.

I'm really grateful to have received such an asset, but I'm a recent college graduate with no experience in the print business and have little working capital.

Currently, I have no idea how to monetize these prints. If anyone knows of any potential outlets or related selling strategies I'd be eager to hear about them. Any/all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. CorporateViking

CorporateViking
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Hi dexter23,

I was scrolling down and saw your question. There are a lot of ways to tackle this monster. You could either try and do the Ebay route, selling them for cheap one at a time or better in my experience just give them to someone else on consignment to sell. Looking for consignment locations or websites like artbrokerage.com might help you offload the lithographs in a more bulk setting.

If I were you, and it looked classy, I'd contact a website like A Touch of Modern and make them an offer to sell all of my lithographs for me and treat yourself like you're a distributor.

3. Sushant_09

Sushant_09
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My take on this is don't sell these things off. Instead talk to your friends on the subject and try gaining some knowledge from them. Or you can talk to someone you trust and who has knowledge about these things or can refer you to someone who has some on the matter. I mean if I were you I would go looking for information around me or talk to someone I can trust. If you're really interested to putting these to work, you'll surely find a way to OR otherwise you always have the other option to sell these off.