Help tips needed for writing.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by James Greg, Jul 27, 2011.

1. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all, I was wondering if you could provide me some useful tips for being a good content writer. Sometimes I feel as my mind goes blank and I can't think of anything to write. Also please help to advise in choosing good topics for my posts.

2. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you don't have much to write about then start off by blogging about yourself your passions, experiences and knowledge. That is something that you know best and expound a little on it. If you don't have much to write about then try writing something that's entertaining. Readers love reading something that lightens up their day. Once you start bringing in some readers you can ask them what their interests are and blog about that. Ask your readers for feedback as this will prevent you from veering off course. Other topics for you to consider is current events, information or if you follow sports write about that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 2
  4. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No I've never tried that before. Is it good I'm hearing it for the first time, from you. I try to focus on something some times two or three lines appear in my head but then when I think ti write it all disappears. Maybe I'm trying too hard?

Thanks for the guideline I'm trying to follow it but I think it will take time to get used to this thing. I've never blogged. Are there any rules that I should keep in mind while writing a blog?

5. ladydeluxehotel

ladydeluxehotel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content writing is really a messy work for me. I always have this what they call writer's block. And when i encounter this, i just close my eyes and rest for a while. Then suddenly, something comes to my mind and i am writing again.
    Actually, as an article writer, you can't really choose the topic your boss will give to you, so better learn many aspects and just read a lot. It could help you to write easily. But for me the easy topics are celebrity news, sports news, love and relationship and gadgets.

• Like Like x 2
  6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

try searching for the topic you wanted to write an then compare the things you think about with it and then write. cover history and what to look to over the next years of that topic.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What top bloggers are saying these days is to write in a way that provides value for your readers. This is something that I've had to work on. Previously, most of my blog posts were too promotional or all about me. Then I learned that readers don't really care about such content. They want info that will help them. So I'm always writing now with that in mind. And the best way for you to learn is to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Terry Harvey

Terry Harvey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Somebody else gave me this tip a while ago and it really helped. There will always be lots to write about. Don't write about it all in the first paragraph or you will have nothing to write later on. Write a few sentences for the paragraph that will leave the user hanging and wanting to read on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheNova

TheNova
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hello. When you start writing,make sure to write in a certain way which will keep readers intrigued and anxious to read more. IF the blog post/article is boring or doesn't have much to show, then readers will quickly leave the page.

Always blog about something you have a passion for, whether it's TV, music, films, sport etc. You could always do a life blog were you write on how your day was, what challenges you faced/how you overcame them, did you meet any new people and what happened etc. Make it exciting and readers will enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Write something that you really know,Or sometimes maybe some questions that you don't really know the answers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanx for the great advice. This is a very valuable tip and from now on I will make sure to keep it in practice.

12. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm agree to all of them, aside from what they've said my advice is your environment. What i mean is your work place. Try to find a very peaceful and quiet place where you can easily think of and no disturbance. Environment is very important. If you are working in a loudly or noisy place even though you have a lot of ideas to write-on this will destruct your concentration. Good luck.

13. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I assume you have to be a registered member to view that, but sounds like a great tool. Do you use it much?

14. louboutinsgirl

louboutinsgirl
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ontent writing is really a messy work for me

15. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you need to register to use it. I use them when I have no idea which topic to write, it is good to giving you some idea on the topic

16. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm just registering now, thanks again.

17. peterpatrickgo

peterpatrickgo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

so do i, when i try to write something, I only find glue in my head...

18. Winflo Finan

Winflo Finan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try carrying around a notepad and a pen, ok that's old skool but it works for me. You'll think of ideas when you aren't thinking about them, if that makes sense. So when you do, write them down and go back to them when you find glue in your head.

If you have to, have a small notepad that fits in the back pocket of your jeans. Trust me, if you think of something when you're on the toilet, you'll want to write it down.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is one of the best method but always take care the notepad to avoid drop it into the toilet :p

• Like Like x 1
  20. GamingOn

GamingOn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use keywords as titles for my articles and look online for research if you want traffic and not wasted time I suggest you do the same. Some other people do news 2 and that's great but for traffic from Google it's a good way keyword optimized articles will get you far. :D