Help starting a pizza business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by jnlevesque, Apr 13, 2011.

1. jnlevesque

jnlevesque
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

My name is Jayme and I am starting a pizza business in Alberta Canada. I am having trouble with market research and was wondering if anyone here is involved in the pizza industry, specifically Canada. I need info on things like:
    -total pizza market size in canada
    -average number of pizzas consumed per year per Canadian
    -and other information that would be useful.

Thank you

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our Business Forum jnlevesque and thanks for posting your business questions.

I'm not based in Canada myself but have had the good fortune to have spent some time in the Sault Saint Marie area a few years ago. Does Canada have something like a Central Statistics Office that might be able to provide you with the info you need? We have a Central Statistics Office here in Ireland, it is a government funded organisation and they really are very helpful when it comes to info like that.

I'd also recommend that you start putting a business plan together and I've linked to some business plan templates below that could help you with that;

Business Plan Templates
    Enterprise Ireland Business Plan Template - Download link to Word document. Recommended!
    Score Business Plan & Other Business Templates
    Write a Business Plan that Works

Do you intend to write a business plan? Good luck with it and please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with.