Help on making money buying and selling cars.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by corderoj, May 1, 2014.

1. corderoj

corderoj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, im a high school student and i want to save money to buy a car then sell it for more. i want to keep doing this and build capital for other business ventures. Any one know how i could succeed doing this?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only way i can think it will be profitable is to buy a vintage cars. Make it work like its conditioned well before selling it. Now this business will surely need huge capital and knowledge to engines.

3. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see two options:
    - you buy neglected or broken cars, bring them back to the good form (this will require mechanical and similar skills)
    - you search for great deals and buy cars for much lower they are really worth, then sell for more. (this will require great knowledge about the market, prices etc. )
    To sum up, I think you have to be into cars in some way if you want to succeed.

4. janecristy

janecristy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must have prior experience to buy and sell used cars. There may be ups and downs in any business, so try to manage it efficiently. You should be a technical expert in machinery, paining, and electrical supplies of the cars.

5. jaynorth

jaynorth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well i too agree with janecristy that one needs to have prior experience in buying or selling any commodity. For which you need to have good understanding of the market. Since as you are already aware that market is fluctuating every now & then, basis on which the demand has been falling. Ensure that whatever mode of business you choose its not illegal, so that you can prosper accordingly with the demand of it.