Help on Header CSS Code

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by GekiDan, Feb 29, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm planning to add a full image header on my blog (actually, it's just a test page). But there's some code in the template that prevents me from adding a full image, as it only shows a portion of the image. And since the theme allows the addition of an ad floting above the header, it only shows the left side of the image, as seen here: http://gd-test-blog.blogspot.com/

The test image should look like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4InWZxyRP4U/T04B3COmXGI/AAAAAAAAL-w/8pwgTpfzzXM/s1600/gravurebg.jpg

Is there anyone who could help me fix this? I tried editing the padding and margin but I can't make it work like I want.

The CSS of the header looks like this

Code:
    #header-wrapper{width:950px;margin:0 auto 0;height:60px;padding:34px 0px 34px 0px;overflow:hidden;}#header-inner{background-position:center;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto}
    #header{margin:0;border:0 solid $bordercolor;color:$pagetitlecolor;float:left;width:47%;overflow:hidden;}
    #header h1{color:#4E4E4E;margin-top:0px;margin-left:0px;padding:0px 0px 0px 10px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif;font-weight:bold;font-size:34px;line-height:36px;text-shadow:0px 1px 0px #fff;}
    #header .description{padding-left:15px;color:#4E4E4E;font-size:14px;padding-top:0px;margin-top:-25px;text-shadow:0px 1px 0px #fff;}
    #header h1 a,#header h1 a:visited{color:#4E4E4E;text-decoration:none}
    #header h2{padding-left:15px;color:#4E4E4E;font:14px Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif}
    #header2{float:right;width:51%;overflow:hidden;}
    #header2 .widget{padding:0px 10px 0px 0px;float:right}
    .social-profiles{text-align:right;margin:6px 10px 0 0}
    .social-profiles img{margin-left:4px}
    Anyways, it's running on the Blogger platform.

Thanks in advance.

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The right banner is an ad?
    You can just craete another div for that and let it float on the right.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, the header should look like that. I can add that banner on a different floating widget, but half of the header will be covered by the default bg.
    If anyone wants to take a look at the whole template, I'll add you up on the dashboard.