help needed

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by gomercorp, Mar 23, 2011.

1. gomercorp

gomercorp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi can anyone please help me i need to find out if i can file a basic pattent and update it at a later date to make it a lot more professional
    i am trying to file 19 patents with no money or expierance
    any help or advice would be greatly apprichated
    thankyou so much for your time

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country are you based in gomercorp?

3. gomercorp

gomercorp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry i never thought of that

the uk

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

gomercorp I'd suggest you contact the Intellectual Property Office who are the official government body responsible for granting Intellectual Property (IP) rights in the United Kingdom. A quick phone call to them may get you all the information you need. Have your questions prepared before you call them and if they can't give you all the answers you need, ask them if they can refer you to anyone who can.

Please post back here to let us know how you get on, as your experience will be of benefit to many others.

5. gomercorp

gomercorp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Correcting an error
    You may apply in writing to change your application before the patent is granted or to change the specification after the patent is granted. Your letter should explain why you want the change.

If you wish to change the patent before it is granted please write to us at the address below.

If you wish to change the patent after it is granted please write to us at the address below with the proposed change and the reasons for it.

You can also correct errors

in your patent, or
    application, or
    in the register of patents, or
    any connected document.
    You must say what you want corrected and how the error occurred. We may ask for evidence to support your request and for the correction to show on a copy of the document you want corrected.

Please note that any documents filed as evidence for the correction will be destroyed in due course. Original documents are not required, we will accept photocopies of the evidence you file.

Send your request to
    Intellectual Property Office
    Concept House
    Cardiff Road
    Newport
    South Wales
    NP10 8QQ
    United Kingdom

Or fax it to us on +44 (0)1633 817777.

What happens next?
    We will consider the correction and if acceptable we will record the change on the register of Patents and send written confirmation to you.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Did you phone the Intellectual Property Office gomercorp?

7. gomercorp

gomercorp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

couldnt get through on the phone but i found the info above with the link you gave me it states that you can correct mistakes on a patent but it is a difficult process and you may have to prove how you made the mistake so i dont think i can simply just file a rough patent and update it as i go i can however change a patent after it is granted to make it more secure

thanks again for your help