Help name my company.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Make_Money, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Make_Money

Make_Money
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all. I am having a really hard time coming up with a name for my online company I am starting up. I could really use some help. In a nutshell the company will connect people that have an event they need services for with local vendors that provide those services. If you need a little more info please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to look and thank you in advance for your contribution.

2. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there,

I find naming companies to be a real challenge - you can come up with all sorts of good ideas but something just needs to click. I'm no expert but my gut feel is that you need something simple and clear that conveys what you are doing... here are 3 ideas off the bat:

1. Meet
    2. Space
    3. Connect

Hope this gives you a 'starter for ten'...

M.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

When I was in school learning computer programming, we had an acronym - KISS. It stands for Keep It Short and Simple. Why not simply call your business Event Connection, The Event Connection, or The Event Connector?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmmm .. I had an idea which you may use to name your company - and it's all about connections of people etc, I think NETWORKNECTION - its like a combination of NETWORK of people connected or has connection through your company or service, etc.

5. even

even
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They said that when you put a name on anything whether a pet, a thing, or even a business it gets close to you. So I think anything personal or anything as long as it has significance.

6. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to take consider on internet marketing promotion, such as search engine, FB and twitter, it is advise to survey unique domain name and user name.

7. hostavps

hostavps
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try your best to find a name which is related to your business.

8. masterbizcoach

masterbizcoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just think about simple and short company name. As you notice, most successful company only have a short name that you could easily remember.

9. popups

popups
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its worth doing domain research if you feel the domain/website will be used to help sell the business idea. If you're going down a road of SEO there is still some small weight in the domain name having the keyword within it.

10. TSchlossmacher

TSchlossmacher
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of the best names for brands consist of a double meaning that can be used to develop a logo that is effective, creative, and catchy (to your brain). Overall keep it short and sweet, but also begin to browse while looking for domain names. This can be a very protective measure.

11. DaniaLLL

DaniaLLL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Names like
    Connect
    Search
    Linked
    will be good for this

12. gregowr

gregowr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

IMO, 2 ways to look at it...you could make it "keyword" oriented...so when you bring it to the web you can register a domain with your keywords/company name...

If you do not go that rout, make sure you keep it short and snappy. Preferable two syllables. Goo-gle, A-pple, Twit-ter, Face-book. All 2 syllables. Make sense?

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are starting an online business than i would suggest that, you should take name which is as close to your business as possible. It will help in your advertisement campaign too, whether its online or other-way.Your business punchline should be like "connecting people".

14. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about 'Event Resources' - to coin a UK phrase: "it does exactly what it says on the tin!" M.

• Like Like x 1
  15. masterbizcoach

masterbizcoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about "TheHub". Sounds good aight?

16. keith8385

keith8385
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Finding a business name is a real headache.I hope you get the best one.

17. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I think you pretty much need a .com, so run any names through a domain search.

You can come up with something pretty random as long as people can remember it or you can do something a bit more meaningful like "VendPeeps" (.com is available), just take a few words that describe the company and put parts of the words together. Either way the business product or service you offer will define the business, not the name... Just as you define who you are, not your name.

As an example take the following company names, forget for a second what you know they do, and ask "what would they do?" - You'll notice the name doesn't define the company.

Twitter - What the ** is a twitter?
    Apple - They don't sell Apple's
    Trader Joe's - It's not about a guy named Joe trading stuff
    Chase - What does the word chase have to do with banking? Chase your dreams?... You got that from the ads.
    Dell - It's a guy's last name but what would Dell do? He could sell steel rods, boats, or perhaps computers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Will Passmore

Will Passmore
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

For SEO / Web promotion:
    -Start with A (shows up on top of directories. Amazon had this in mind; fact)
    -Don't make your thing like Yahooooo! Events (point being: Don't use words that when searched will show other sites - you can't compete...seriously)
    -Make it memorable (Google vs Thisisasearchengine, Bing vs Anothersearchengine, Facebook vs thefacebook, Yahoo. Apple. Amazon.)

Make your name personal, and make it represent your business completely, and in a genuine manner.
    Here are some ideas:
    -Connectify
    -Event Blast
    -Blast
    -Specifix (since you deal with the specific aspects like local vendors)
    -The Platter
    -Platter (represents your ability to connect event holders with food companies etc)
    -TableCloth (you are bringing your customers the essentials of a good event - not just table cloths obviously :p )
    -Miracular (you are making events actually happen when a lot of event holders are stressed and feel like the job's impossible!)

Just some ideas. I'm all for one word names, easy ones to remember, and unique.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What kind of online business did you want to start?
    In my humble opinion picking a name for online company should representing the kind of products/services offered.

20. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I should be something that describes your business and that the people can understand. I think "EventConnect" is a good idea.