Help me with my business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by ehm1633, Mar 31, 2013.

1. ehm1633

ehm1633
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A quick about us, we are global test drive llc. .globaltestdrive.com Clients looking to purchase vehicles will schedule there test drive for any car in the US through us. Our current promotion is $100 back if you purchase within 2 months to get some people to the site. I am starting to think that $100 is not sufficent enough. I am looking for your input. We are doing google adwords, buying email lists of leases that started in 2010 and leases ending in May 2013, i have been signing up for every car forum but have been blocked for spam. We are pretty new and maybe its just a patience thing but we arent satisfied at the results so far. Any input is fine any criticisim is fine as well.

EE

2. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Few things..

- It does indeed take time. So as a new comer, it will take take.
    - You mention "Global" ? Does this mean in the UK i can take a test drive of a car in the south west area?

I only say point#2 because.. Well...
    If you are not global, Then its pointless saying so.
    Also, Its pointless online advertising / marketing if you are not global.

You need to think about where your "realistic" business will come from..

If you have a presence in the center of a large town/city then you will ideally want to target people within say 10miles / 15km's
    Any further and its wasted money.

About your site..
    - The main image loads too slowly.... Optimise it.
    - Your submit button seems to hover over the "time" input box on your site.
    - You have no easy way to see your location or contact details... This sucks.
    - Your red background only goes half way across the screen on a large widescreen...

Put your site into here - http://browsershots.org/ - and see how badly it renders..

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlueCoyMarketing

BlueCoyMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Lynxus that if you are not truly global, then don't say you are. You're website also is just a standstill landing page. If you want to convert people you at least to have them know why they should use you instead of just going to the manufacturers page and scheduling a test drive there; aside from the gift card. I don't mean to be harsh, but it's hard to tell what value you're truly giving people. You may be more inclined to schedule test drives with business owners at their location, so they can get a product demonstration (in this case the car) without having to leave their business and take too much time out of their day.

By the way, In the image you have "free $100 gift card when you book a test drive through us.." but in the copy at the bottom you have "Test your luck on taking a FREE TEST DRIVE with several different types of Slot machines and participates to win FREE $100 Card when you book a test drive through us and purchase within 2 months to receive promotional code GTD100." Not only is this conflicting, but the sentence is full of grammatical errors and doesn't explain what "slot machines" you are talking about.

4. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm....well
    It is said well begun is half done....so congratulations first of all that you have taken your first step forward....

The only thing you need is carefully planned schedule and some analysis about striking the things at right time...

You are going in right direction, the only thing is that you have to control your speed within your comfortable zone...

Plan out the things and move accordingly...

5. Andreas Vanaerde

Andreas Vanaerde
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As a licensed car Dealer (over 15yrs) .. I really do not see a great move towards success in this highly competitive business ; why would a customer arrange a test drive through you ? It takes more time , most likely ..most potential car buyers will directly go to the Dealer ship , and pick out the vehicle they might be interested in .. If you were a car brokering service business with the power of testing the car for a customer , have technical inspection skills , and so on ..you would have a better chance in convincing potential car buyers ..

6. ibankmarketing

ibankmarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe you should target a specific audience that may be interested in your services. Do some online marketing through social media websites.

7. Charlesutton

Charlesutton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your previous customers like? Could that information help you better understand who your target market may be?