help me select name

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by michaelgh, May 3, 2013.

1. michaelgh

michaelgh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am thinking about the right name for the company that I am helping to set up. It will be providing graphic design services.

Let's say I like this name: "Red Elephant" but a company with this name already exists (this domain is not available).

Can I use "Red Elephant Studio" then? will have any problems to register it?

2. sobi123

sobi123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are providing just graphic design services or something else is aswell ? like seo, link building etc, in my own opinion STUDIO Word is sound like Music Not for graphic work,however can be use on ART Work aswell , so from my side Try to use RED ELEPHANT GRAPHICS

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If there is another company in the same business with that name then you should not go for that name ideally. Reason being, since the company is already there with that name then prospective client would think of your company as not a genuine one.
    Instead you should think of other name which would be unique would make your business stand out in the crowd.

4. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you please provide more details on what kind of services you plan to include on your website....??

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The name doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the type of services he offers, although that can be a place to start. Michaelgh said he likes the name "Red Elephant", but someone else has the name. "Red Elephant" has nothing to do with graphics, but is a catchy name. Perhaps a different color can be used, or another word that could be related to his business. For instance "Flying Elephant Graphics" could be used as a name if he can provide fast, quality service.

6. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The same name should not be used because the people will be confused then.
    And why to go with red elephant only,you can go for other good names like "black bull designers"
    or "red n hot graphics"
    these names will surely attract the customers

7. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

really nice suggestions :)

8. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. Branding is very important and highly related to the name. If the existing one already have a name (Red Elephant) established, you could be helping them brand their name if you do a good job, instead of having your own brand recognized.

9. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depending on what the other company does. If it is Red Elephant Pizza, then why not use Red Elephant? If it's a design company called Red Elephant then that may be a problem. But, if their brand is not a household name or very established, then it's not 'taken.' It's just being used. If this is the case, jump on board with Red Elephant GFX (which looks better than Graphics, in my opinion) and get to work. There's a good chance that when Apple started there was another company dubbed Apple. If they were a widely known brand then our modern Apple may be called something else. But if our Apple saw another business named Apple and decided to change their name, regardless of how branded the other Apple was, to Revolutionary Computer Systems... Well, then our time might have been much different.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to make brand, then you don't need to mention any of your server in your name. Just make it brand like that "Red Elephant Web Studio"

11. wellhi

wellhi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm watching

12. Rachel S

Rachel S
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am totally agree with Sobi, Sometime Studio stands for music or photographic zone. You can select the name suggested by Sobi or I also wanna to give you a idea about name. You also consider "Red Elephant Graphic Zone"

Hope this name liked by you :)

Have a charming day.
    Rachel !!!