Help me build strong links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Jan 9, 2014.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been setting up blogs for several years now and have been writing but I am wanting to start working with SEO a lot more. I am tired of paying people and forking over money.

What I currently know is how to put links into your sig with a keyword and submit links to link directory sites.

Does anybody have any truthful information on how to build strong links and to rank higher for a certain keyword??

Thank you.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, even after several years, there are still people out there that claim to be SEO "experts", but they don't provide the level of service expected. The other side of that is that when you find a person or firm that does know what they are doing, the client has expectations that are too high. The firm knows what is and is not possible, but the client wants the results they want when they want them. As long as that type of client exists, there will be unethical providers who are willing to promise them what they want in order to take their money.

Don't use forum signatures or submit your site to a large quantity of directories in order to get links. In the long run, these don't work.

Google likes natural, editorial links. These are the type of links found in articles on networking sites and blog posts. By participating and sharing on networking sites, you also gain followers who may also become interested in your site, and they can share with their followers, who can also share with their followers, etc., and these may also decide to link to your site as well.

3. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For improving ranking of your blog, you can do guest posting related to your blog niche. Posting article on other blogs as a guest along with your website links can help in building quality backlinks and generating blog traffic which is beneficial for improving your blog ranking in search engine results.

4. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do social bookmarking and blog comments or web 2.0 so you can get traffic and strong link of your site.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Social bookmarking is good, but blog comments, for SEO purposes, are not. For the benefit of members who may not be familiar with it, could you explain exactly what web 2.0 is, and how to use it?

6. dir4uk

dir4uk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

forum posting is best way to get strong links

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guest posting seem to work well so this is a good option than some ways. If you could do press release to some big news sites, it will be great.

#7 daytrader, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Because of the large quantity of spammers using the technique, guest posting has fallen out of favor as a link building strategy. Unless you are a recognized authority in your field, and can write high-quality, informative posts, I would hesitate to recommend this technique. Press releases should only be used for newsworthy events, not just for link building purposes.

9. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think being a member of forum and post what you are good at, it will help to build a strong back links to your site... [set up your signature over there]
    then, they will click and visit yours....^_^

10. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Writing quality content on your blog and social medias like Google+, Facebook can really help building links.
    Other then that people say that directories and article submissions don't work now but honestly it's still working for me.
    Another very important thing is that, be natural. If you have a well-designed website and you are building links naturally then nothing can stop you from ranking high on serp's. :)

11. bhagabati

bhagabati
    uix_expand uix_collapse

following links are powerful
    1-links from .edu and.gov sites
    2-links from ezinearticles.com
    3-links from squidoo pages
    4-links from .org sites

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Other than .edu and .gov websites, how did you determine how powerful these links are? I would question in particular the inclusion of squidoo on the list, since I have heard that most of them are spammy links. I also had not heard that sites with a .org extension are more powerful than others. EzineArticles.com can provide good quality links, but the articles are sometimes shared on low-quality sites, so I would keep an eye on these as well.

13. MallofStyle

MallofStyle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increase the trust and citation flow of your website. YOu can get that by getting more links from high authority similar niche sites.

do not link to bad neighbours.

14. bhagabati

bhagabati
    uix_expand uix_collapse