Help in Online Business

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Cameron, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Cameron

Cameron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey

I am a new born in online business and want to earn money. I don’t have any previous experience in any business and that’s the reason I find it difficult to survive here. In this present scenario many people are earning loads of money through online business. If you people have some experience and ideas to share with me, treat me as your buddy and do drop in the ideas and possible ways to help me make a great living.
    Thanks in advance!

:mad:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Please be more specific as to your current ideas for starting a business and we will be able to provide you with more helpful answers.

3. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Fergal, that is kind of rough to do, sharing your ideas as a noob. I wouldn't have.

There are a lot of ways to make money online, the first key is finding what you are good at, it may not be anything you are interested in now, so you have to keep an open mind, which is the second key. The third key is do not fear failure. You may fail at the first several attempts, it happens, but keep trying till your fingers are nubs from typing on your keyboard. Then, get a voice activated system and make it happen till you are horse. After that I can't tell you.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

unfortuantly makeing a living on the web is very hard yes you can make money but a dont think it would be enough to live on depending on what you eat lol.you could go down the route of freelanceing or even what to do as i have said quite a few times on this website before no, what to do it get a job with a website that does offers freelancing or forum posting or ptc to see how good you are. and aslo as i have said pm and i can send you a few links to websites that does this sort of stuff

5. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I disagree, surprise. A person can make a living on the net, but, they can not think, or be taught, that they can do it immediately. It takes time.

6. gargi712

gargi712
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey, why not you create your own video sharing website. It is very good idea to earn money. I also made a site couple of months ago with the help of www.omnisoftsol.com It has flagship product called VidsharePro. It is a video sharing script that not only allows anyone to start a video sharing website, but also allows anyone to sell digital as well as physical products on their video sharing website. Hope this will work out for you too.

All the best!

7. Cynthiab

Cynthiab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I make my living online but it didn't happen overnight. You have to start small and in lieu of having a skill (writer, designer, programmer) there are tons of small money ways to start bringing in cash, from paid forum poster to Amazon's Mechanical Turk where you get paid to do often bizarre projects.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Can you please tell us a little more about this? I haven't heard of it.

9. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Start little, and grow big.

Learn and then earn.

Take risks, have a backup plan.

Those three are all good and very true opinions. I have used them myself many times. I have also given advice before. I always get positive reactions. :)

10. Cynthiab

Cynthiab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Amazon Turk is a tool for people who have mundane online/written/computer oriented jobs that can't be handled by a computer. They load the jobs as HITS into the Turk system then anyone who signs up can choose which job they want to take on. THey complete the task, the company checks it and Amazon pays.
    http://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

The upside here is that you can take on 100 jobs from 100 companies but you get one paycheck from Amazon. (And the reverse is true for the company, imagine the tax paperwork on hiring 100 people to complete a task instead of outsourcing to one company.)

Because of the mundane nature of the jobs they are broken down into very small components most of which will take you anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to complete. Most have a time limit so you can't take a job and then complete it tomorrow but don't worry, they're quick.

The payouts are small, anywhere from a penny per task to .50. but the profits can add up if you like doing it. I used to do them for fun instead of wasting my time playing Bejeweled or poker online.

Some examples:

Categorize people: A company is building a public figure database and they need a human to go through a list of names and sort the data by last name, first name and the category (actor, singer, politician). You get .20 for completing ten names correctly.

Transcribing: Many companies offer $2 or more to transcribe audio files (hard work, by the way)

Visual tasks: Locating signs and marking roadways on photos

One of my faves: Collectorz software had tasks for people to write short descriptions of movies for their DVD database.

So -- lots to see and do. You can do as little or as much as you want. It's a great little side job for anyone who is disabled but can work a computer and it's just good brain food if you want to keep sharp and earn a few bucks while you're at it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the detailed reply Cynthiab. What a great concept. I'm sure Amazon will make handsome profits out of that venture.

12. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for that. It was resourceful and intresting to read.

I have thought about using Amazon and Ebay before. Also commision junction. Still, I haven't yet tried them.