Help in Generating local clients for a Mom and Pop Business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Chris_Tax, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi:

I have a part time tax business.
    I have an A plus web site.
    My business is all local
    I need ideas to touch my local community only through the internet.
    I am working on my facebook ad campaign starting in January

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would advise you target local terms like "business tax help {city name}", "tax assistance {city name}" etc

3. GlobeNat

GlobeNat
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would advise you creating a FB page and group and try promoting it in the region of your interest. You can actually run FB ads with the targeting you need even now, without creating any group. But if people become fans of your page you will reach them with your news and your offers quicker.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I had actually answered this question in reply to your post in this thread. I had forgotten about Facebook, which is not a bad idea. However, I did suggest running a PPC campaign from January through April, since people searching for a particular product or service will still use Google rather than Facebook. To determine the phrases to target, Dave Cain's suggestion is a good one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sebastian

sebastian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Joeroxx about Google rather than Facebook and I have found that unless you have a business that has a distinctly social angle you will struggle to get a lot of clients for your local business through facebook wheras PPC could get you instant results.
    If you go for the SEO angle make sure you optimise for at least 6 keywords to guarantee some business will convert from impressions to actual calls

6. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I need your input

Actually tax season is only 3 weeks long
    50 per cent of people get money back and refundable credit money
    It starts when the W2s hit the mail boxes
    It is basically Jan 25th thru Feb 15th (most returns are done here)

This is my facebook campaign
    1.I have been adding everyone I can that lives in my town to my friends list 15k town I grew up here
    2. Starting Jan 15 and then every 3 or four days they are sent an event(ad) it will hit their email and it will posted on their wall
    3. The ad will be centered around like a cartoon character of Yogi bear ( I will not violate copyright stuff)
    It will be fum and clever

I only want to do between 50 and 100 returns

By the way, I am a product if Liberty Tax services and the waivers and it works

Chris

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although most returns are done between Jan 25th and Feb 15th, people can file taxes until April 15th, so you may get some after Feb 15th.

Every 3 -4 days seems like spamming, although that may not be your intent. You could unintentionally alienate the very people you are trying to reach. You have limited yourself to a very short period of time, and are trying to obtain as many clients as you can in that short period. There are two things to consider - the response rate as a percentage of the number of prospects, and the number of times each prospect is contacted before responding. If the response rate is, for instance, 5%, you will only get 5 out of every 100 prospects you contact. If a prospect needs to be contacted 7 times before responding, you have to space out the contacts to avoid the appearance of spamming, which can reduce your response rate.
    Therefore, in order to actually get 100 clients, the best way is to contact more people, and contact them less often.

8. sanduskyseo

sanduskyseo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you have your Google Places page optimized? You should try to encourage your customers to leave reviews on Google, Yelp, Yahoo, Superpages and other sites like these. This will give you a boost in the local listings that Google, Yahoo and Bing use if you have a lot of good reviews, and the traffic is free.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My 3 key search words are: (City) Income Tax . These are the words of my hyper text link
    I am very unique. I work out my home and only want to do 50 to 100 returns. I have another job. I did 15 last year.
    I worked for Liberty Tax for 4 years and I learned the good and bad stuff in marketing.

I run a very low budget marketing
    I spend 60 hours printing out fliers and do links etc just to get ready for tax season.
    Plus I will be the one passing out flyers
    Customers do not grow on trees.

Chris

Chris

10. benton672

benton672
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did suggest running a PPC campaign from January through April, since people searching for a particular product or service will still use Google rather than Facebook.

11. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi benton:

I have been doing taxes for 5 yrs, 4 years with Liberty Tax Service. Based on the return numbers, Liberty can predict how many a store will do for the whole season on January 31st

The volume is very front loaded for the tax season

Chris

12. Addaneye123

Addaneye123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did suggest running a PPC promotion from Earnings through May, since people searching for a particular products will still use Google rather than Myspace.

13. jack123456

jack123456
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been doing taxation for 5 yrs, 4 years with Freedom Tax Service. Using the come back statistics, Freedom can estimate how many a shop will do for the whole period on Earnings 31st

14. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You do not use back statics. You look at the number of efiled on January 31st and based on following marketing plan you can come up with a total number for the tax season. The income tax season is broken down in waves of filing.