Help for setting up a new wholesale business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by arnold01984, Dec 27, 2010.

1. arnold01984

arnold01984
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am going to setup a new wholesale business but i have no idea what factors are playing a vital role during setting up wholesale Business. You all are requested to give me the appropriate suggestion regarding my business..

Thanks in advance..

2. William King

William King
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The wholesale business in short is a business in which you supply the products in bulk.
    One way to set up a wholesale business is you know manufacture some product and than sell it in a bulk and the other way can be you supply the products somewhere in bulk

3. Emmaq

Emmaq
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The vital factor for handling well the wholesale business is how much information you get from the local or worldwide manufactures.
    Price matters most and the more choice you can provide to your clients, the more chances that you gonna win.
    Good luck: )

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to our business forum arnold01984.

What kind of products do you plan on wholesaling?

5. arnold01984

arnold01984
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for giving me the appropriate suggetion.

6. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

im kind of interested too. like what makes or break the company in the wholesale industry? the level of network?

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes networking would be very important, because contacts in the relevant industry will be vital for making sales. Other important factors will be selling price (your buyers will be reselling the product, so they need to purchase at a low cost, so that they in turn can make a profit) and level of service (your buyers will not want to be left with empty shelves, so they will want the confidence that you can deliver the required quantities at the right time).

8. jacobbon

jacobbon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting your own wholesale is a bold move that can be well rewarded if you take steps to make your business a success. I would suggest that work with products that you know most people will use.

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main factors for any wholesale business are the volume turnover of goods and financial turnover of capital..the marketing do not need constant effort if you invest in it just at initial phase, then after that you have to just do reminder type at regular intervals!!!