Help for link baiting

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jimmyhagan11, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jimmyhagan11

jimmyhagan11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have recently learnt about link baiting and I found it to be the most reliable method to obtain quality links for a site or even a blog. Why I like link bait is because the links gained through this service are usually permanent. At times, they are also sourced from authority sites. I received a good piece of link bait due to which I got links that money cannot buy. Thus, I recommend all the website owners to seek help from the experts for link baiting and get links for months. If the right step is followed, then the chances of receiving quality for years will increase dramatically.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

jimmyhagan11 what tactics did you use for link baiting? Did you offer something free from your site?

3. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can you give some useful examples that we could follow?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I Googled the term "link baiting", and found a link to Matt Cutts' blog, where I found this comment:

Linkbaiting sounds like a bad thing, but especially if it’s interesting information or fun, it doesn’t have to have negative connotations. I hereby claim that content can be both white-hat and yet still be wonderful “bait” for links (e.g. Danny’s spam email analysis). And generating information or ideas that people talk about is a surefire way to generate links. Personally, I’d lean toward producing interesting data or having a creative idea rather than spouting really controversial ideas 100% of the time. If everything you ever say is controversial, it can be entertaining, but it’s harder to maintain credibility over the long haul.

The entire blog post can be found at http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-.advice-linkbait-and-linkbaiting/.

I should mention that this is for informational purposes only, and is NOT an endorsement of the technique by either me or ThinkBigSites.

5. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are many link baiting techniques you can follow. but the most basic tip is, improve your website content, place informative stuff and offer some thing on your site that is not easliy available on internet but that should be related to your website theme. if you are doing furniture business, place something related to it, don't upload songs on your site. that creates a very bad impact on visitors. and they will probably not return if you do so.

6. streetgemini

streetgemini
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link baiting is a best marketing method utilized by Internet to spread word on particular business, product. It utilizes viewers to allocate link for page on their own site. Using this tactic means believable other site to link back to yours, frequently increasing rank in search engines.

7. pwsolutions

pwsolutions
    uix_expand uix_collapse

link baiting is all about making your content perfect, introducing unique and interesting stuff on your site. so that people link your website them selves.