Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by J Greig, Oct 10, 2012.

1. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hello my name is J Greig and I have recently registered on the forum. I am a keen entrepreneur having sold many businesses online. I come to Business Advice Forum to share my knowledge and to also help others make money online.

I hope to get to know some great members here.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good to meet you J Greig, thanks for joining our webmaster and business forum. Well done on having sold online businesses, I love looking at websites for sale and have bought a few over the years.

3. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's great. I love to meet other webmasters and online entrepreneurs. What are your main interests when buying websites/businesses?

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm always thinking up different ideas for online businesses and I love looking at online businesses to see which ones are profitable and which ones are receiving lots of traffic. When buying a site, I like to see one that is not too difficult to manage and that has something that has the potential to be attractive to lots of visitors. I've also generally been interested in sites that offer something free to their visitors, as opposed to e-commerce type sites.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JG and welcome - I look forward to reading your posts... perhaps when you get chance you could start by giving us some hints as to what makes a viable web business?? - M.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the forum J Greig....I hope you will have a great time here...

7. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A website which is a little difficult or time consuming to manage doesn't necessarily mean it shouldn't be invested in. Those that take longer to manage usually end up with better results than the ones that take no time at all to manage.

Sure, I'll be posting some hints/tips soon enough when I get some spare time. Just remember the most important key in any online venture: Never give up!

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good point, I suppose the idea of finding a site with a good revenue that doesn't need much investment in terms of time is very appealing. I have a fondness for forums myself, which are probably the most time consuming of all websites :)