Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ryan R, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Ryan R

Ryan R
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My name's Ryan, and after hearing a few good things about BAF, I decided to go ahead and join.

I've been involved in all sorts of internet ventures for years. I run my own LLC and primarily do website development and digital sales. My specialty is in forums. I've been running them for quite some time, and most of my projects usually center around forums. The big exception is affiliate marketing. I did affiliate marketing heavily a few years ago but quit since I never really enjoyed doing it (awesome $$$ though!)

Anywho, I'm glad to be here - community looks nice :)

2. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is Sound like you love what you do.
    Welcome aboard Ryan R.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ryan welcome to the community,hope you will enjoy here.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Ryan, good to meet you here, thanks for joining and posting your introduction. I'd love to hear a little more about the forums you run, e.g. what niches are they in.

5. Ryan R

Ryan R
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everybody.

Fergal - I've run miscellaneous gaming forums in the past. My largest forum to date was AdminFusion.com. I founded AdminFusion but sold it years ago. I now own/operate a commercial forum skin provider called ForumFlux (previously vBSkinworks) and also own Postloop - that new website that's in your FP header :)

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ryan you have some beautiful skins on ForumFlux and I've come across it or vBSkinworks many times in the past. Is Vuel the only skin you currently provide for VB4? Do you plan on designing more VB4 skins?

7. Ryan R

Ryan R
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Vuel is the only vB4 compatible skin that we have. However, it's only compatible with 4.0 and not 4.1. We're not currently performing skinning work with vB4 because it's in such a poor state. We hope to start back up soon. When is "soon"? I don't know. There's one thing in particular that we're waiting on, but I'm not sure when it will happen. I'm on the vB Alpha team and they've told us about an upcoming change that I'd like to hold off skin production for...just not sure when it will happen.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ryan, I do hope that VB get their act together soon. I feel that VB4 forums are suffering as a result of the issues they have been experiencing and it really is a shame that many skin designers are no longer designing for VB4.

9. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ryan,welcome to BAF.