hello just need a bit of advice

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by townsman121, Feb 6, 2011.

1. townsman121

townsman121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, just wondered if you can help me. I am setting up a hand car wash in my local town. its a social enterprise and has a premises, we are employing young people from difficult backgrounds, to get them back to work. But we are a bit stuck when the customers are ordering a service , we cant let the young people deal with cash as of yet and we cant run around dealing with all the customers, we are seeking advice on this issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated?

Thank you for your time.

Paul

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Paul, first of all welcome to Business Advice Forum. That sounds like a very admirable project, well done and good luck with it.

Would it be possible to sell tokens for the car wash? That way only one person would be responsible for handling the cash and you could put checks in place to ensure that the cash taken in equates correctly to the number of tokens given out. Customers would have to buy the tokens at some point and then give the token to the person washing the car as payment. It would still require a cash desk with one person responsible for it. Could that work, or do you need another solution?

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What i can suggest is proper training. If you can't turn down your young men, best training is adviseable. You can actually set up a seminar or training days for them. Let them do the training and actual as well. You yourself will notice the progress. Spend atleast a month or depends on you. So that on every transaction that they're dealing will be confident with them in a minimum supervision. Good luck.

4. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi townsman121,
    Can you provide a little more information regarding your service? Is it a service that you will have these kids go to customers homes or work to provide the wash, or do you have a location where they come to you. Also are you going to be paying the kids that are doing the wash.

5. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Can the young people handle credit cards? You could offer credit card transactions during the wash, and cash at a front desk.

6. mtveter

mtveter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I myself run a construction business and I have some employees that I am unsure about leaving the whole job to them. I usually have a foreman or an assistant that I fully trust to leave the job to them. You need to find a person you can trust that whole car wash business to while your gone and have them lead the children and have them handle the money.

Hope this helps you out.