hello I am looking to start my own business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by jake4966, Mar 1, 2014.

1. jake4966

jake4966
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could someone tell me the ups and downs or there experiences with running there own business? I am currently trying to open my own gym and fitness center.

2. davidthomas

davidthomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you must first refer market trend, what is going new in your nearby area, then make your business little advance and add some attraction toward your gym, to get more people diverted toward your fitness center

#2 davidthomas, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  3. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not exactly the type of industry I am familiar with.

But, like every other business it is a big risk. Make sure you know the competition well. Handle your finances and investments properly and find the right people.

Those essential tips should help you get going.

4. lomey

lomey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you have real time experience in diet and exercise combinations then go for it. first try to get results with lesser number of people. then take them as reference to market. Remember results are very important in your segment.

5. thealchemist

thealchemist
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I'll give you some advice my father gave me on running a business. So far, my father has had 2 very successfully businesses since I was a child. One was a janitorial company, and the other is a touring service that travels across the U.S. He told me that at the start of owning your own business, be prepared to be met with disappointment after disappointment after disappointment. He said that success does not come quickly, however, if you stay with it and keep moving forward, you will, eventually, be met with success. And when success arrives, it will arrive in such great quantities that you will be grateful that you experienced the disappointment, because the disappointment made the success so much sweeter.

So, while I don't have specific information geared toward the industry you specified, no matter what business you are getting into, the best way to prepare yourself for the ups and downs is to mentally accept the fact that there will undoubtedly be many hurdles to overcome in your pursuit of success. But regardless of whatever hurdle you face, you will stay in the race until you cross that finish line and reach your goal. The moment you make the decision to refuse to quit, you have already won!

6. touqeer

touqeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am very confuse because Could I register the company for running a new business.

7. Ayman Totounji

Ayman Totounji
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends,I also started my new business .But I am doing promotion through websites for furnitures such as outdoor furniture,coaster furniture bedroom sets,coaster stylish furniture company.etc.you can also promote through your business..

8. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know very little about gym business. But if you need any bookish / strategical guideline that most of the business need. Lots of help available on the net as well as in this forum. Beside those, you might interest to check this one also: bba mba

9. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its depend on location and your gym quality and fee. Its a great business. You also need website, marketing and live chat support on your website.

10. warefiber

warefiber
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can promote your website via social networks, it will help you to get more visitors to your web site.
    You can also create quality backlinks to your site.

11. nicoleB

nicoleB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was interesting. You can open that business. People go to gyms to get healthy, but too often they may also be getting robbed. According to the Better Business Bureau, around 9,400 grievances were filed last year against fitness consultants, gyms and health clubs.

12. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some information here that will help you eliminate most of the major risks involved.

I did the pre-launch marketing for a gym a while ago and here are the most important aspects we considered at that time:

• first of all, as mentioned by other members above, we had a look at the competition (the deals they had, equipment, number of members, facility location, timetables, staff, extra services offered, strategies they were using to promote themselves - online / offline, onsite / offsite - and so on) and analysed the market. This helped us establish if there was any demand for our services and, if yes, how high that demand was, what marketing budget we would need to overtake the existing competition and so on.

• second, we developed our strategy, based on the information we had - we split the pre-launch into 2 steps:
    1. Interaction with the potential customer at a non-personal level / indirectly (introducing the offer), followed by
    2. Interaction with the potential customer at a personal level (meeting them in person - direct interaction)
    • third, we proceeded with the step 1 of the strategy. During this period we contacted and "signed" partnerships with local personal trainers, local police station (their staff had a discounted price), local restaurants and beauty shops (we were giving away discounts to their staff and our members were getting special deals from them, as long as the recommendations were going both ways). A few thousands leaflets / flyers were distributed in the town center and we were also advertising in the local newspaper. All the members signing up during this period were getting a special price for their membership that would not expire after the official opening of the business. Very Important: During this period we did capture as many leads as possible - the next step was almost entirely relying on this (I can give you more details on how to do this, if needed).

• fourth, we proceeded with the step 2 of the strategy. 10 days before the official opening we invited all of our leads (or already paying members) to visit the venue and meet our staff. Those who were not yet members had the option to join us while they were on our site and take advantage of the special price.

• fifth, after the opening day (post-launch) the price for the membership went up (for the new members), but we introduced the 1 day free pass (to try) and 1 month discounted membership per referral for those who were recommending us to their friends. Already having the email list of leads and paying members made the advertising work a lot easier after that.

I hope this helps.

13. aronmatt3

aronmatt3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fitness industry is one that will have boom year by year without any decline in this because with the time more and more people are getting health conscious and there is a big need of fitness centers across the places. But you should come up with more equipments in a spacious area.