Hello From Toronto

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vick, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Vick

Vick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey everyone, Mark here from Canada. Thought I would say hello first before I started posting.

A little about me. I live in Toronto, I currently work at a video game studio as a 3D artist, which I've become to despise over the past couple years, actually I started hating it about 6-8 months after starting. I realized very quickly that I would never be happy working for anyone, so I had to figure out a way to escape the rat race. Which led me to entrepreneurship.

So I started an online art business called Pixel Prints, which went live a couple years ago, took me about 8 months to get it up. Currently, it's about 90% automated. I just fullfil orders, and update the artwork every so often. This business makes money, but not enough money. So I decided to let it run on its own for awhile, and focus on another venture.

So I decided to start a sunglasses company with my co-founder. It's called 8 Eyewear.

I'll start a thread somewhere later on if anyone is interested in seeing what we have so far, and show some images of our first designs.

Anywho, I look forward to seeing what this forum has goin on.

Cheers

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Mark, its good to see your here Welcome to the Forum. Have a great time here. Thanks for joining and introducing yourself. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vick

Vick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No prob ;) thanks for the welcome

4. Ark

Ark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Mark, Welcome to the Business Advice Forum :)

5. Vick

Vick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Ark. Thanks!

6. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Vick! Welcome to Business Advice Forum! Nice to know that you are involved in so many business types. Thanks for joining us! Enjoy your stay here in BAF!

Enjoy posting and open a new thread for any help or related issues in our forum! :)

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good to meet you Vick, thanks for joining and welcome to BAF. You certainly sound very entrepreneurial and I hope that those businesses continue to grow and become very successful for you.

8. Vick

Vick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal and Devilbatista ;)