Hello from Ireland!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mybusinez.com, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,
    I'm a small business owner from Ireland. I own a web development business but instead of only selling websites I've decided to get into the social networking area of internet business.

I've built 2 social networks so far. One is a business network called www.mybusinez.com and I also have a music website called www.irishbandslist.com but I am still working on revenue streams for this one.

I am just wondering if anyone knows anywhere on the web that I can advertise www.mybusinez.com ?

The site is for business owners, investors, and even job seekers. When you register as an employer you can then add your companies to the site. They will show up on the main page and you can share info on your products and services. I think this site could be great for stimulating business if a few businesses joined.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum mybusinez.com and thanks for introducing yourself. I'm from Co Louth myself. I registered at http://www.mybusinez.com and got the error message below;

I also couldn't figure out how to add my company, once I'd registered. There is a link to "Add your company - join today" but I had already registered?

You will get a better response to that question if you start a new thread in our Online Business forum.

Thanks again for joining and good luck with your sites.

3. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks Fergal for the feedback. Yes, I noticed you were from Co. Louth. I thought this was a US based forum but seems it is closer to me than I thought lol.

Apologies for the error messages. I know what it is. I thought I had already sorted this issue. I will fix it up.

If you want to add your company, go to 'my account' in the top right corner of the menu, click on 'my companies'. You can Add, update or delete your companies there. The 'Add Company' link is actually where the 'My Companies' link was on the last page. I think I will change this as it is a little confusing. Just out of interest where do you think could be best to put it? For instance, where would you easily see it?

If you have anymore feedback I'd love to hear it as I am still ironing out some issues. I need to hear some bad feedback as it will help me to sort out any issues on the site so that it will be better for future users.

Thanks again for the help.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi, I've added Business Advice Forum to the companies area. I think the reason the link is difficult to perceive is because it replaces the My Companies link. It would probably be more user-friendly to add the link below that navigation area, i.e. on a separate line.

You are welcome to ask for a review of your website in our Online Business forum.

5. mybusinez.com

mybusinez.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, you're right. I've added it beside the 'options' links also now. Sometimes it's hard to notice these things when you're working on it. You need a fresh pair of eyes to go over it :) Cheers.

I've also notice that the email and web address don't come up on the 'company' page. The reason I did that was to try and keep people on the website but I actually found it a nuisance when I looked over the site. I'll be fixing it up in the next few days.

Oh cool, that's a great service. I'll have to do that.

Thanks again.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the update mybusinez.com. I look forward to seeing more of your posts on our business forum.