Hello from Denver

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JPStonestreet, Feb 2, 2012.

1. JPStonestreet

JPStonestreet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all. I've been in the Internet business for over 15 years in one form or another. I spent several years in web consulting, both for consulting firms and independently. In 2003, I launched PromoteWare, which was a modular web development platform, and in 2005, I launched QuoteCatcher.com with a business partner, which was an online lead generation website similar to ServiceMagic. In 2008, we sold both of these companies to a much larger company in San Francisco.

Since then, I've been working on some new web ideas, as well as real estate investing. As a volunteer at SCORE (the Service Corp of Retired Executives), I've counseled dozens of people who are in the process of starting a company, or need advice on an existing company.

Recently, I authored an eBook titled "Web To Rich: Everything You Need to Know to Start Your Own Online Company" in an effort to share some of the knowledge I've gained over the years. Most people I meet have the same questions about starting and running a successful company, and I've tried to answer as many of those questions as possible.

I plan on stopping by a couple times a week to answer questions I feel most qualified to answer, as well as learn new things from the other experts on the site. I'm looking forward to doing what I can to help.

Happy posting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ACrackerII

ACrackerII
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JP, welcome...are u located in the SCORE mentor list? I looked yesterday for someone in Denver but couldn't find anyone.

3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, JP. Welcome to the forums and I hope you like it here at Business Advice Forum.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome JP and thanks for the comprehensive introduction. Your experience sounds great. I have some relations living in Denver and they love the city. From what I've read Denver is a very creative and pro-business city.

5. frazld

frazld
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! This is my first time using this site. I was looking for business advice. I started working for a business in the Produce Industry. This office is in such chaos, and there is no structure at all. I am not the most qualified for this job, but I have done some basic receivables and very little payables but would like to think with great advice, and resources I could make this work. I am looking for any advice possible, please let me know if this site is what I am looking for, or if you could refer me to the appropriate place.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

7. JPStonestreet

JPStonestreet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you located in Denver? If you contact the Denver SCORE office and ask for me, they'll assign the case to me and I'll call you. That's assuming you need help with a web-related business. If it's for a different type of business, they'll assign you to the most qualified counselor. They keep me pretty busy with people wanting to start a web business so I've asked them not to assign cases that aren't related to that.

• Like Like x 1