Hello All.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by quickser, May 13, 2012.

1. quickser

quickser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello All.

I'm a fairly new business owner, I started my own a few years ago. I have made many mistakes during this time, which I always make sure to find the positive in so I can grow from them rather than dwell on or repeat them. I always put my customers first, as the city I'm located in isn't that large and I want to keep a good name out in the community. I have recently verbally provided another entity with sales terms and a quote to show them the merchandise total price, including the terms we discussed over the phone. They didn't have a problem with the terms that I gave them. I am awaiting to hear back on their credit and they won't be given a quote to actually provide a signature on until a credit determination is made.

2. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A verbal agreement is binding, but it would have been better to put it in writing if you could. However, making mistakes is probably the best way to learn, and it's really important that you turn negatives into positives, as you've been doing. Just a thought though, if you do make verbal agreements over the phone it might be an idea to record them, so there are no misunderstandings over what was said.

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. Most of the times verbal agreements ain't enough for you to be assured of it. Written agreements with their corresponding signature along with yours helps in documenting well what have both of you agreed and have seen to be beneficial for both of you.