Healthy Food Take away and Delivery Service

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Barney, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My friend and I are hoping to open a new type of takeaway and a meals delivery service we will only serve healthy food options
    We would be grateful for any advice from anyone with experience in this business.

Best location, meals, what time is best or any advice would be appreciated

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Barney I would say that the first step for you is to write a business plan for the business. You can find links to some very helpful templates in the Business Plan Templates section of our Useful Business Resources / Links thread. Is writing a business plan something you intend to do?

When you ask "what time is best" are you referring to opening hours?

You will need to analyse the competition in the area you are targeting. Think about what you can offer that is different to what the existing food outlets are offering, obviously in addition to being different your offer will need to be something that will be valued by your customers.

Good luck with it and please post back with your thoughts and we will try to give you more specific suggestions.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Prepare a Nutrition Chart for all items on Menu to let people know heath value of healthy food options you have..

Also quote and highlight the benefits of each option..This will further increase your target viability...

4. Barney

Barney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks very much Fergal and scifi for you advice. I see now that I do need a business and I will look at the website Useful Business Resources / Links thread and that is a great idea of a Nutriition Chart scifi I appreciate that.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for replying back Barney, please be sure to let us know if you have any questions once you start that business plan.

6. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creat a very realistic strategy. Just for example. In your place, put a signage saying "All fresh items for Good and healthy Life style" or "Fresh food for Good health" or either " All fresh and healthy foods", Actually this can help you catch customers attention. As we all know a lot of consumer like natural and fresh foods because most people nowadays are very concern with their figures as well as their health. So creating this signage will actually hit your customers attention.

And after that ofcourse as what you've posted you have to offer those foods. For example with your drinks. Instead of offering softdrinks, you can actually offer Fresh coconut juice, fresh fruit juice(orange, mango or any seasonal/unseasonal fresh fruits that can use for drinks). Offer other healthy items as well, like in sandwich all ingredients must be fresh veggies etc.

With regards to meats, there are a lot of good ways on how to cook them to retain their goodness and nutrients as well. You just have to make a lot of research with regards to this.

Also watching cooking show will really helps you in this business. Because you can get a lot of ideas, tips and technique with them while watching.

And lastly since you are just new to the public, marketing strategy is a "MUST".
    You have to do thing for you to be known on the business industry. What i can suggest is try to give freebies or free taste/samples to your customers. By giving these freebies make sure that all your items will kick your customers taste buds to urge them asking for more and buying more.

Good luck, hope you can give us an update ith your business and we're happy to help.

#6 youngkia1, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  7. johnrobertusa

johnrobertusa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I suggest you add your business in google places.Definitely you can get some leads..

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a great suggestion! Barney could also add his business to local food / take away portals such as http://www.just-eat.ie/

9. packagepure

packagepure
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I suggest you first prepare a diet meal chart to aware the people for their health and details about the location where and which time you will be available for a meals delivery service i.e serve healthy food and add your business in Google places.

Thanks,
    Healthy Food Delivery