Health & your business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by businessampm.com, Jun 2, 2015.

1. businessampm.com

businessampm.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When most of us think about ways to improve our business, we usually think about a new marketing strategy, or a new pricing strategy, or maybe even a new product.

One thing we don't normally think about is our health.

It's a fact, however that if you are not healthy, your business will suffer.

So doesn't it just make sense to take care of yourself. We all know we should eat right, get the proper rest and exercise, and take some time to relax and clear the cobwebs.

One way to clear those cobwebs is to take a nice run or a good walk. Now I'm not talking about a stroll, I'm talking about walking at a good three mile per hour pace (about twenty minute miles) or better.

According to the American College of Sports Medicine, as reported in Success magazine, both running ad jogging shares the same benefits.

Check this out. The benefits listed below can result from either running or walking. Take it from me, save your knees for your old age, and walk.

Both walking & running
    Improve your mood
    Help prevent obesity
    Increase sexual drive & satisfaction
    Increase overall energy
    Lower blood pressure
    Lower LDL (bad cholesterol)
    Raise HDL (good cholesterol)
    Reduce risk of type 2 diabetes
    Lower the risk of stroke or heart attack
    Reduce risk of dementia
    Improve immune function
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well its a nice thought about health and business. if your health is not good, probably your business will suffer.i agree with you to take exercises daily its good for our health. if our health is good then we can easily manage our business. but i think i have one more point, i appreciate your tips.but i think we should have insurance for both health and business insurance.its a good choice.in future if our health or our business is not going well then our insurance can take care of the rest. :) :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@businessampm.com I completly agree with you on this one.

It's necessary that One should always take out some quality time, for himself, from his busy schedule.As it's fondly said that "All work & no play makes Jack a dull boy" necessitates that along with work, one should always practice his routine of physical exercise also.

Exercise releases feel good hormones in our body & is also refferd to as a very good stress buster. Detoxicating our body from any kind of impurities.

4. atlantisrocks

atlantisrocks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exercise is a good way to stay well and active.

But, cardio exercise is usually not enough. Muscle building exercises using weights or resistance machines is also necessary.

New muscle builds up your metabolism, burns calories and help you manage your weight.

Most people lose muscle mass as they age which reduces stability and help put on weight.

Think of it this way: Cardio is like a job, you've got to walk or run every day to burn calories. Resistance exercises that build new muscle is like residual income that burns calories even while you are at rest.

5. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is worth, before mental effort, a little oxygenate brain through exercise. I belong to people who like exercise. Sometimes I feel the need to get some exercise, it works for me relaxing.

6. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Health should be #1 priority for everyone as it is a prerequisite for any successful activity.
    I like running - it is great cardio exercise and helps to clarify mind from necessary thoughts.

7. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A very famous quote is that time is money.And you are likely to waste a lot of time if you are not healthy.There is no shortcut to success, for nobody in this world.If you have to succeed you must work for a very long period.No business can run without full dedication and all these things are not possible without being healthy.So health of the person running a business is most significant.If you will not put time in your work it will not become valuable and if you will not put health in your life you won't get time.

8. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well every person should be active no matter you are doing exercise, cardio, gym, running or anything else.stay healthy, stay cool.:cool::cool::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is absolutely true, if your health suffers so will your business. Unless of course you happen to own a large business with good managers that can run it without you.

It's incredibly difficult for most small business owners to lead a balanced lifestyle. The business will eat up most of their time and they will start developing some bad habits. They won't be eating or exercising correctly and they also tend to neglect their families. That's why the small business owner needs to be vigilant to avoid this from happening.

10. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure health is the primary concern of everyone, whether employees or businessmen or even the unemployed. The primary reason why we work is to have a livelihood in order to live. And living means health. So I guess this thread is meaningful in the sense that we should be aware of our health all time particularly when there is crisis at work. So working too much is not good.

11. bizdevnewbie

bizdevnewbie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In the mad race behind money, unfortunately , health is often neglected by most working professionals and entrepreneurs. We often forget that it wouldn't matter if you had a billion dollars , if you didn't have the health to enjoy it. One very simple option that i have found useful is the practice of simple ├Żoga' exercises. There are simple breathing exercises [called pranayama] in yoga that you can easily include in between your tasks and during your travel. Though they may seem too simple to make any change, it has been scientifically proven to have a truly profound effect in bringing balance to your mental, emotional and physical health.

Always remember, Health is Wealth.

12. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm pretty sure all this is true, good health gives you lot's of energy. If your in great health you can deal with stress better. Exercise helps you think clearer and helps blood circulation. If you take care of your body it will take care of you. Besides being healthy in a stressful environment
    reduces the chance of you getting sick from dealing with pressure.

13. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When the bills are piling up but the sales is not picking up can you still think about your health? When your employees won't show up for some personal reasons and there is no one to cover his or her shift can you still think about your health? Payday is fast approaching and there is no profit made in a week can you still stop and smell the roses and say hey I need to take a break ?

14. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of people often put their bank balance before their health and in this day and age, it's easy to see why. Everybody as bills to pay and most of then are getting more expensive, people are having to work harder and longer just to make ends meet and sometimes it's impossible to find time to live a healthy lifestyle, especially if your running your own business.

15. dhavalagrilinks

dhavalagrilinks
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am 100% concur with you. in the event that your good is great then your business is also going great. numerous time i seen the majority of people running behind cash yet they are couldn't care less about his health and afterwards and they are sick and getting huge lose in business. so i prescribe to each one please first you do need to health then business.

• Like Like x 1
  16. harunsing

harunsing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it is very necessary you can take care of your health. for that you hace to give some time for your self

17. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Health is the most important thing in life. Without health not only business, but everything will suffer. That's why we need to take care ourselves like we do some sports, walk a lot and breath fresh air. We have to concern our physical condition and our spirit as well.

18. jamforafordon

jamforafordon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting discussions. perfect points you have shared here.

19. Mark Zobel

Mark Zobel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Health should be the number 1 priority if you want your business to succeed and expand. A lot of business people today commit themselves to over work than prioritizing their health. We should create a balance between work, family, and ourselves so things will not be chaotic. At the end of the day we really need to make sure that our health should be our main priority.

20. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely agree with you as this is what I'm doing through my day, after a long day in work my body really needs to stretch and my brain needs to walk up so going to the gym is one of my best things that really keep me fresh and active :)

Thanks