Have you ever loss momentum to continue a website?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by patrick0001, Nov 10, 2012.

1. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever loss momentum to maintain a website? Currently I own 3 personal blogs, after 3 months update the blog, when traffic down and not growing it make me have feeling like want to give up the site. When traffic increase, then my momentum is back. What you do, if you have this kind of feeling?

2. wasi90lk

wasi90lk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have lost momentum many times. It can be frustrating when that happens. It takes a lot of time and effort to build a website, if you lose the momentum it definitely feels bad.

3. Mustang Ride

Mustang Ride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 30 websites right now and sometimes I have to allow myself to have a day off or a vacation. It really helps to step back and rethink what direction you want the site to go and then go back to it with fresh ideas.

4. Davidj

Davidj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find it helps to have fun with your business on some level even though businesses are meant to be taken seriously. This way you will enjoy the experience.

5. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There was a time when I lost momentum creating my personal and business blog. I was so hype to start it until I reach a peak that I don't even know where and how to start anymore.
    Fortunately, my self came back to a point that I have to know my limits, my emotions and thinking in building and maintaining websites. :D

6. selinazou

selinazou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always lose momentum and want to give up my sites. SEO is a very complicated working and it takes time and patience. Sometimes, when i have done a lot of thing without result, i feel very depressed and want to just give up.

7. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi

Several things come to mind:

1. When you build a site on topic you love, it really helps you get through these types of times. When you aren't jazzed about your topic, it's easy to become demotivated.

2. To overcome the "blues," set a target of one page a week and make yourself meet that target. Even at that pace, your site will grow.

3. Don't take on too many sites/blogs. When you spread yourself too thin, you don't get enough done to gain rewards for your efforts. Focus.

4. Realize that the work you do today will show up tomorrow. The rewards you are seeing today are from yesterday's efforts. You won't see any rewards unless you make the effort.

5. Try to find some way to make the work fun, that way you'll look forward to doing it.

Good luck!

8. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it's best to do one thing well than a lot of things poorly. Start with one site, get it perfect, get it generating traffic then put it to "autopilot" and start the next project.

By autopilot I mean slow down your rate of activity, keep putting occasional content on so it's fresh, keep the occasional backlnks coming in. But don't pound it like you may have been doing before.

9. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's happened to me plenty of times, the key is to just never give up.

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey patrick! I think most of us do feel the same way as you are. Although I think you just need some goals to put in yourself. That way you'll strive to get the things you need done and still have that momentum you're talking about. Well I feel the same way about it. But then I find my thing to keep me going. Find yours, it will really help.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is happen to almost everyone, the fact is it is fine to give up the website if you are learning some from the progress. And then make a better website in future. Personally i not suggest to focus on too many website, it is hard to maintain, unless you have a assistance or have enough time.