Have you ever hired a SEO service company for your web?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FIBC, Sep 5, 2014.

1. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, have you ever hired a SEO service company for ranking your keywords before?
    Sometimes always received many SEO service company from India, did anyone work with them? If you did, what about the results?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

In the interest of full disclosure, I should begin by saying that I am a sales rep for one of the top SEO firms in the country (United States). Unfortunately, there are way too many firms in our niche that have not kept up with the changes in the industry, some on purpose, others because they don't know any better. I have also heard that many of these companies are located in countries like India, Pakistan, and other Asian and Eastern European countries. There have also been members on this forum who have recommended that people start an SEO business as a way to make money. As a result, many who hire an SEO company don't get the services they expect, and our industry has acquired a bad reputation.
    There are, however, reputable SEO firms who take their clients needs seriously, but you have to be diligent to find them. An SEO firm must be honest and upfront about what is, and is not, possible, and how much it is going to cost. They also have to be as specific as possible about what they are going to do for the client, and answer any questions the prospect may have(and, yes, they should have some) as truthfully as possible without giving away proprietary information, rather than use "proprietary information" as an excuse so they don't have to show how much they don't actually know.
    I also would be interested to know about others experiences, both good and bad, and don't be afraid to name names - be careful, however, not to make your review sound like an advertisement. As you all know, advertisements are not allowed in normal forum posts.

3. samuel0785

samuel0785
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, I am agreed with you joeroxx. Many seo companies are not reliable. However, you can hire a reliable seo company by asking some questions.You can find those questions on any reputed blogs like Moz, searchengineland, searchenginejournal and quicksprout etc.

4. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You will get many emails from India saying they can get you to number one on Google. They can't. The methods they list on their emails are what SEO companies used to do 2 or 3 years ago - and that's a long time in SEO.

5. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your replies, but I do want hire the SEO services from India or Philippines, as their prices are affordable, not like which from USA or European countries.

6. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I did, I share my experience ! I hire a Web Development Company to develop my website not SEO service company But as I hired a Web Development Company they show off me their service & discount ! I was happy with their service & offers ! I gave my project to them But unfortunately They didn't work good ! They just return my project so late & without much features ! So my experience with them was so dirty !

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I once tried back then just to check how they actually do it and to see what kind of report they present to their clients. Found out its actually better to hire SEOs from job sites than transact with them outside an escrow sites.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

They may be affordable, but as CoolhandCol pointed out, their methods are outdated and don't work. You appear to be saying that you have x amount of dollars to spend, so you might as well waste it on garbage. Doing it that way, you're not going to get the results you need, and you wind up losing money instead of making it.

Your mistake was right at the beginning. You hired a Web Development Company to do something they don't have the skills to provide. To get the best service, hire a company that specializes in the service you need, and make sure you check them out thoroughly before you hire them.