Have you been Penalized While engaging in article marketing or syndication?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, Jan 14, 2013.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm curious to learn whether or not Others have engaged in article marketing or syndication and have been paralyzed by google?
    There are two camps to this issue, I Personally have not really Engage in article syndication other than a few times. (No discernible Penalty or benefit, Of course I haven't done it enough to get penalized or benefit)
    So there are those who say it benefits, there are those who say it Will absolutely incur the wrath of Google... I would like to know about those who got penalized, what happened, where did you post to get Penalized, What steps did you take to recover from the penalty?

2. ralphjenss

ralphjenss
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Only massive article marketing with low quality content and same anchor can harm your website. Other than that, the possibility of getting penalized is very low.

3. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I have gotten sites penalized for article marketing.

Any article marketing software or service that does not allow you to vary your anchor text enough can get you penalized by Google Penguin. So almost any article marketing service out there or any article marketing software out there can get you penalized. It all depends on how you use it.

Here is a specific example in my case.

I used a service called Article Samurai. This service takes a seed article and spins it into unique articles. Then it distributes each unique article to different websites (relevant websites about your topic) over a period of about 3 months. You have three links embedded within each article. I had each link pointing back to a different page on one of my websites. The links worked well for ranking purposes until the next Google Penguin iteration occurred. Then those 3 pages on that site were blasted from the Google search results. They did not rank in the top 200 anymore.

So I was really happy with the results of the service at first. Those links worked well for a few months because all 3 of those pages were ranking near the top of Google. That was until that next Penguin iteration occurred. Then they were gone. I tried building new links to those pages using massive anchor text variation to see if those pages would recover. So far they have not. I won’t know if that worked or not until Google does another Penguin iteration. It has been several months now.

I strongly recommend you avoid doing any article marketing where you are going to be using the same anchor text over and over to link back to your website. That is very, very risky. Many of the services out there don’t allow you to change your anchor text enough.

However, if you do high quality article marketing where you publish high quality original and unique articles one at a time at higher quality article directories and guest blogs, then article marketing still works very well. http://articlemarketingcasestudy.com/ Read about that study and you will see how article marketing can be done in a way that will get you excellent rankings in major search engines including Google. There is also an article on there that talks about whether you can get your website penalized.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had not got penalized by Article marketing. Since I prefer only 5-6 sites for marketing with different Anchor text.

5. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Getting penalized by Article Marketing is not far impossible to happen if you have submitted a lot of articles but the anchor text wasn't that strong and of good quality.