Has anyone used CludFlare

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by Fergal, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I came across https://www.cloudflare.com/ today and thought it might be something that could help BAF. Has anyone here had any experience, either positive or negative, with them?

Thanks!

2. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard of them and also done quite a bit of research about them although I have personally never directly used them. Their service looks pretty good (especially the CDN side of it) although there has been a few concerns about some of the customers they have and their lack of caring about what sites are protected with their service.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for the reply, can you please tell me a little more about that? Do you mean that they have false positives on their security services?

4. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I meant that they don't seem to care about who signs up to use their service. It has been well discussed at stopforumspam.com (mainly out of guest view) but there is this topic which kind of explains some issues - http://www.stopforumspam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3353

Specifically the following from the main administrator at Stopforumspam.com:
    While it is nothing against the product itself, it does to me anyway show the company is desperate for customers and don't care who they are.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have never used and ever heard about it but it seems quiet interesting and beneficial.

6. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are currently a certified partner with them and recommend them to our clients and we use them as well. Overall it is ok, however, having someone else control your DNS and able to insert code to your website(s) makes you wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I signed up on that.
    But I didn't realize any profit so far.