Has anyone taken Coursera business courses?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Soliloquy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone tried taking some of the business courses Coursera offers? If so, which ones did you take? Did you feel they were worth your time? Did they actually help you with your business?

2. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many business courses in the world that are offered by accredited universities worldwide. So you can check out the lists online as well to get more choices apart from the one you have mentioned.

3. RickOldy

RickOldy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I`d like to take them, but I don`t want to spend money for it, so I`ll take them for free. Also, I`d like to know if anybody here have used the SAP courses? Should I know the economics to start learning them or not? Will be greatly indebted for your answers)

4. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,
    I have several colleagues who did Coursera business courses - personally I have limited first hand information. I was shown some parts of other courses and worked with people before and after the course - they are useful anyhow even if you are a beginner or have no business background. For advanced level you can find some good material but it would be a better choice to evaluate other offerings from Universities and specialized e-learning sites.
    From career point of view it can be useful if you have other background and able to create synergies between business and your profession. It looks great in resumes - fancy course names are the best.
    Courses I know:
    Fundamentals of Management, Inspiring and Motivating Individuals and Managing Talent.
    Primarily choose those themes that you are interested in and "looks" useful in your current situation - not everything suits to everyone.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1