Has anyone here been successful with article writing online?

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by RestOwner, Apr 14, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Has anyone here been successful with article writing online?

2. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Successful in what way?

Writing and publishing? Getting a high click through? Driving traffic?

Freelancing and bidding?

Outsourcing getting them written?

I have in all of those I think - ezine, article directories, traffic drivers, articles being picked up by others.

There are SEO article techniques to ensure it works for traffic and rankings.

What exactly is it you want to know?

3. onealgrambal

onealgrambal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The tips for article writing..
    • In the first paragraph clearly state what the article is about.
    • Organize your material in a point-wise fashion.
    • Put the reader at ease.
    • Explain your points in short paragraphs
    • Don’t be afraid to spill all the beans! Tell your trade secrets!
    • Give concrete examples and personal experiences to back up your points.
    • Emphasize the benefits of your product or service.
    • Give resource information to your readers.
    • Get another opinion on your article.
    • Keep your most important information near the beginning of the article.

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you mean?
    Is it about the article marketing or about the freelance article writing?

5. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think he means about article freelancer, which I know that some of them has been already successful by providing quality content (Professionals) where customers would like to get back to them and order some more contents. Some professionals don't write for a couple of bucks. They know that their clients would like their writing that's why they were comfortable with their high price.

Writing needs patience and knowledge. If you don't have it. You can't have the word *success* to yourself.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's sad to say that article writing is hard to get success nowadays. Too many freelance "writer" are offering very cheap price. If you think that you are professional enough, dont go for the online freelance writer but write for the magazine, they are paying much better. One of my friend write for magazine (freelance) and normally she get paid $200~$400 per article

7. JuicyCafe

JuicyCafe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true indeed, as far as what I observed. Indian freelancer are the one whose in the field by providing cheap content. but i didn't say that I am a professional. And if I were a customer, I would like to pay high rates than cheap which I am sure I'm not getting what I want (quality) Just sharing my thoughts about it. And we may not know. There are *some* of them which is successful already in the field and we don't know about them yet.

8. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have, yes. That's what I do, both online and off, amongst other things.

If you're going to be looking for work, you'll need to build yourself a portfolio site where you can share samples. It's much easier to direct potential clients to that than write a fresh sample every time. In fact, I'd advise you against that as some use that as a ploy to get an original piece for nothing and then reject your application.

Decide what market you want to target and what rate you want to charge and stick to that. It's hard to increase your prices later if you underprice yourself. If you're any good and capable of marketing yourself, you'll do fine. There are always jobs out there. You just need to know where to look.

This article on factors to consider when determining your price may help.

If you think you're not that great, for example if you can't write an article without making spelling mistakes or wouldn't know how to research information on a specific topic, you need to brush up on those skills first. Better to delay a while and put your best foot forward than to dive in unprepared and lose clients that would have taken you on board, had you been less hasty. Hope that helps.

9. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank you for your replies, yes I was referring to article writing on any subject online.

10. jaybroadz

jaybroadz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dont find it worth it. especially when you get tasks you know nothing about and have to do the research for it. unless your writing for a magazine like someone said about, otherwise Id rather just write articles for myself promoting something.

11. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, personally I have not been that successful in online article writing and marketing - but I can say that I do create my articles with quality on it. Success into writing can be caused by one's compassion into writing. There are a lot of skills you need to learn though, and that even those long time writers still read a lot and research a lot before they actually write.

I think the most important skills to become a writer and probably a successful writer and your flexibility, open-minded and being critical.

12. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi RestOwner,

I think one big key to being successful at writing is to not limit yourself to just articles. There are so many different types of writing that people need that it really does pay to branch out into all sorts of writing niches. For instance I have done a lot of social media writing lately and even picked up a script writing job and a website content job. The more you practice writing the better your article writing gets as well and the bigger your writing client network grows. Writing is one of the most in demand jobs online now so this is a great time to be getting started. How has your article writing gone so far? Any published articles for us to check out?

13. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I didn't take time on article writing for ranking .It will take much time .

14. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes that is very much the case. I too have been a victim of this type once and learnt never to trust types of such. There are too many ways of frauds and many new aspiring writers are easy targets for these people.

15. MarkHanis321

MarkHanis321
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have read the tips for writing:
    Purpose
    Advantages
    Disadvantages
    Conclusion
    etc,etc...

16. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of people is looking for sources on where to get good articles online. After Google Panda, any online marketer must know the importance of good content. Market of writers is very huge and anyone wanted to be a writer will surely earn big.