Handing out business cards

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by graphic designer, Oct 7, 2013.

1. graphic designer

graphic designer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How many people use business cards for handing out and how effective is it ?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Business cards can work very well if you are networking and meeting people. They give the person you meet an overview of what you do, a reminder of who you are, contact info and a way to obtain further information on the products or services you offer. They also provide a good way for a contact to pass your details on to someone else and recommend your business. I have business cards with my name, contact details and the details of this website (Business Advice Forum). It helps you look more professional when you can hand out a card and it's much better than asking someone to write down your contact details or enter them into their phone.

3. Elegant_Designs

Elegant_Designs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have seen some out of the box namecard design which looks really cool and does leave an impression; ultimately if you are able to leave an impression whether by design or more effectively after speaking to the prospect face to face, it would have help you. You still need a lot of follow-up and to build rapport to ensure the namecard becomes important for that prospect so that he/she will treat it as 1 of the tools to contact you.