H1N1 Vaccine to be Available soon...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by GekiDan, Oct 1, 2009.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Admin Note - Please note that the opinions in this thread are not given by medical professionals. If you have any concerns regarding medication or swine flu please contact your GP or other medical professional.

Good news!

The H1N1 Flu virus pandemic will now be over with the creation of a vaccine. According to this video, the vaccine will be readily available next week in the States to prevent the widespread to the H1N1 virus.

I wonder when will this one arrive in our country...:confused:

2. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep! I saw this in CNN news channel this morning. They said the vaccinations will be available in the Europe by the start of October and in the States by the mid of October.

By the way, I got flu not swine though Lol Does it spread via forums? Should I stay off? Lol

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, just cover your mouth when you sneeze. The virus might travel across the internet. :D

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for sharing that with us GekiDan.

Will people here be getting the vaccine or do you have any concerns that it might do more harm than good?

5. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its an interesting one. With the Flu killing so few people on its own is there a need for a vaccine to be spread to a wide population? A vast majority of people had other underlying health issues (at least this has been the case in the UK & Germany). Should the vaccine be distributed to just people with the most serious risk and the rest of the population then have the choice to purchase one if they would like.

A vaccine will do a good temporary job, but will lead to the virus mutating again and coming back stronger the next time

Personally I will not be getting a vaccine, just like I have never gone to the doctors to get a yearly flu shot.

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd also have some concerns regarding the vaccine and don't think I'll be getting it.

Please note the admin note that I've added to the first post in this thread. Comments in this thread are based on opinions and if you have any health concerns you should contact a medical professional.

7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not matter what's happen, always take care our body and prevent ourself from H1N1.
    Nowadays, it is very important that we need to wear mask, wash our hand more frequent, try to avoid to go public place if not necessary. Also, keep a distance when talk to someone.

Another important thing to be remembered is that go to see doctor once if feel sick

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to what I heard in the news awhile ago, the priorities when the vaccine becomes available are the following people:

Pregnant
    Aged or Old People
    Very young children
    People with multiple diseases

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sigma, sounds like you are taking this seriously. Are you currently taking those precautions?

GekiDan, they're the groups that are being given priority here in Ireland. Health care workers have also been added to the list, they are at risk because they obviously come into close contact with a lot of sick people.

GP's here have started complaining that the Health Service have not consulted them re giving the vaccinations to their patients. Sounds like they are looking to get paid more money for providing the service and are trying to negotiate a higher fee. Unfortunately this may cause some delays in the vaccine roll out.

10. coolashish

coolashish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to stop the The H1N1 Flu virus pandemic many vaccines r available in india now to only verified chemist

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I'm not mistaken, according to the Dept of Health in our country, they already have funds realy to give the vaccine to all priority people for free, which I think is good.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Giving the vaccine for free may actually save the government money. It will probably be cheaper to vaccinate everyone than to provide the health care required to Swine Flu sufferers, if they don't implement a vaccination programme.

13. joshuachu14

joshuachu14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wOw I never thought that they would be able to create a vaccine for AH1N1 this is totally great news =)

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are definitely behind the news.
    They always plan to make a vaccine every time a new virus comes out and make an epidemic across a country or the world.

15. joshuachu14

joshuachu14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah that's great ;).I hope they can find a way to treat cancer like really be gone , do stem cells work??

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. Stem cells can be used to cure any kind of diseases, although not all.
    For more info on how stem cells can cure cancer, visit the following site: http://www.cancercenter.com/stem-cells.htm

17. solidus37

solidus37
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This pandemic take alot of lives. Than God we will have counter measures for this virus. anyway nice post.

18. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just read this news:
    On a poll, parents don't want their children to be injected with H1N1 vaccine. It is said that the parents are more concerned on the side-effects of the said vaccine which may hurt their children. Most of them also refused even though it will be given for free.

According to health officials, that the swine flu vaccine is made the same way as seasonal flu vaccines that have been used for years. And no scary side effects have turned up in tests on volunteers, including children.

Read the full report here:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_on_he_me/us_med_swine_flu_vaccine_fears

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I know someone who went to their doctor recently and the doctor advised against them being vaccinated. That's only one doctor but it does make you think. I personally don't plan on getting the vaccine, although I'd be reasonably comfortable with the ordinary flu vaccine.

20. Digital

Digital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

H1N1 Vaccines are really needed in India, as there are many cases of it.