H1 Tag and Title Tag

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nadablue, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello friends,

Which is more important in between H1 tag and title tag for better ranking purpose in search engine, please share some valuable tips ?

2. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Title tag and H1 tag both are considered to be important elements for On Page SEO. Title tag should be relevant to the webpage content whereas you can put your most competitive keyword in H1 tag.

3. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are <h2> tags and other headings even relevant?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The Title Tag should also contain the keyword that is most relevant to the page content. The relevance of the Title Tag to the keyword being searched helps determine whether or not the Title Tag will be used as the title of the listing. As far as the page's actual position in the SERPs, the Title Tag is no longer relevant to Google, although it may be relevant to other search engines.

5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both keeps importance in terms of the search engines. But first of all the title tag keeps priority and after that the H1 tag. I mean when a search engine crawler comes to crawl a page, first it considers reading the title and then the H1 tag.

6. lukejade

lukejade
    uix_expand uix_collapse

title Tag more important

title tag should be the first element to consider when bots climb the page, I think. H1 should only the sub supplementary use.

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

I personally think Title Tag is more important. Title Tag is the main trunk of a tree, and H1 tag is the sub trunk to make the trees flourish. Take our site t shirt manufacturer for an example. I would write a H1 Tag in the main description of our business. But in the sub pages, like t shirt or polo shirt pages, I would use H2 tags. Too much H1 tag would decrease your importance of H1 tag. I only use H1 tag in the home page.

7. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Specifically H11 Tag is used for put heading in that you can use you keyword but title tag useful for hyperlink anchor tag.
    So these are completely different & I prefer H1 tag than title tag.

8. RobbieLima

RobbieLima
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you already know that Title tag is used to define page title like "whats its about" and <h1> tag used to describe heading of the page. So both are important both are used only one time. So there is no any option like which is important or not.

9. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

H1 tag and Title Tags are more importance for SEO on page steps , in Title Tag used for google Will easily find out your Business and H1 tag used for Hi-lighting your keywords to Search Engines.

10. Sam Paul

Sam Paul
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends,

Hope you are doing good

I agree with all of your points. As far as H1 and Title tag is concerned.H1 is important.In fact,in terms of on- page optimization your targeted keywords should be included in this.H1 tag is used for individual post/page titles,and you can change this in any template.Whereas if we talk about Page Title,it means the whole title of any web page.

So, to be on the safer side, it's recommended you to use <H1> <Title>.

11. Hirenpatel

Hirenpatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both the title and H1 tags are important in on-page seo. Google has given different values to both. So both are important in optimizing a website.According to me, the title is more important then H1 because search engines display it in search engine results. So a good and relevant title can drive traffic from the search engine(if you have good ranking on relevant keywords).

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This thread is now closed. If you have something new to add, PM me and I'll re-open it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.