guide me!

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by adwaitk007, Jul 18, 2009.

1. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi BAF members!

i have created this thread for a special purpose!

most of us are really unaware of term "business" (including me)! but having a wish of starting up a new business!and without the guidance it is totally useless!!

so here we discus on our problems or our questions regarding to the term business!!

most of us are very good businessmen!so u people can guide us!!

so lets start from me;

my question:-
    i am new to internet. i want to establish my own website. i am a good designer as well as a good writer(not in english ) so plz guide me about the process of creating a new website which costs me little but gives me a best result

2. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everybody must have been new to the Internet at some point of time. If you want your own website, ask yourself why do you need one first of all?

If it's just your random daily scribblings then register with BLOGGER.COM or WORDPRESS.COM and create your own blog. It costs you absolutely zero.

If you want to create a portfolio or a website where you can share your knowledge or write about stuffs that inspires other budding designers, etc (something like vectips.com, vectuts.com, etc) then it is advisable that you buy your own domain (.info domains starts from $0.99. Check godaddy.com for the hottest deals). To start with, there are a lot of FREE Web hosting services in the market like Byethost, 000webspace, etc. Take your own time to read reviews of all such free hosts and decide upon one.

One advice I give everyone is, do NOT stuff your website with Google adsense or some other ads, as soon as you launch a website. Write some quality content, let the visitors flow in, advertise your website, Join social networking sites to promote your site, etc. Once you get a decent amount of repetitive traffic then go for Ads. Once you start making decent money from your site, you can even go for Premium hosting plans.

Any doubt, feel free to ask.

Good luck!

3. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thank u for such a valuable info!!

4. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well my advice is - read read and then.. read up some more. You can read forums like this one or more and widen your knowledge. You cannot think of start earnings from Day 1 - Read and learn then get into what you think you can do best. Hope it helped ?

5. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ok!

thats fine!

suppose i want to start a new website with free domain .co.cc

then will u plz explain me the process step by step??

means i just tried to open new website
    there are many such things which are really unknown to me
    so

what is nameserver1,name server2??
    what is TDI?A,MX,TXT,etc??
    what is zone record???

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

adwaitk007, thanks for posting your question.

Can you please provide a little background info on the type of site you want to start and why you want to start it?

7. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go through these basis for better understanding:

Domain Basics

DNS Records Explained

Name Servers

To be frank, you need not master the concept of DNS Records, Name servers to get yourself a site.

Also, to get a free co.cc domain, you can try x10hosting.com or l4rge.com hosting sites. Most of those sites provide free co.cc domains. See Google for further details.

Off-topic: Fergal, Just noticed that you are from Ireland. WOW! Are you an Irish? I so love their accent!! :)

8. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@fergal
    hi

i just want a website for myself!

not for any serious purpose but as i told you, mainly to check my design work means to know "how it will look on website"

@dahlia
    hey another nice post!!

thanks!!

ok guys!!

i got answer for my question!!!

thanks a lot all of u!!!

well now waiting for other's questions!!

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

adwaitk007, if you only want a website for your own use and "not for any serious purpose" the easiest route would be to set up a blog using http://www.blogger.com or http://wordpress.com/, as has already been suggested.

Blogger has the advantage of allowing you to place ads on your site, which Wordpress.com doesn't allow. However, Wordpress has the advantage that you can put static pages on your blog, which Blogger doesn't provide for. If you use one of these services you won't need to understand the more technical issues such as DNS and MX records that you mention above.

Good luck with it and please let us know what you decide and how it works out for you.

10. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I beg to differ here. Actually, we can tweak the blogger to allow static pages. I have done this a lot of time myself and it works great!

You can refer this to know how.

11. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

12. dahlia84

dahlia84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

quite nice! however i am not a fan of black background.

13. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for that, you learn something new everyday. From my reading, what you are actually doing is changing a post to look like a static page. Can you please show us a link to some of the static pages you have created?

Looks good, why is the logo so big with such a large white background? It might look better if you reduced the log vertical height.

14. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Admin Edit - Post moved here.

#14 adwaitk007, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
  15. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@fergal,dahlia
    changes made :)

well

will you tell me about the price of domain names?
    why they are for such a price?
    from where the domain provider take these domains?
    how make these domains?

16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The new logo looks good, all you need to do now is promote it and continue to add quality content.

You can purchase a domain name for $10 or less from NameCheap or GoDaddy. Have a look at their sites and let us know if you have any further questions.

You can sometimes get discounts on your domain name purchases by using Domain Coupon codes. Retail Me Not NameCheap Coupon Codes have worked well for me and you can also find GoDaddy coupon codes on Retail Me Not.

17. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    As per my understanding you are very new to internet and do not know anything about it,

For Your own website you need following things:

1. Web Host
    2. Domain
    3. Designer (You Are)

That's it.

Now for domain you can use free domains like .co.cc, Or can buy a domain like .com , .net, or any other.

For buying domain at cheap price usually price of a domain is $10 but you can get it at $1.99 with http://godaddy.com
    You need a voucher for it like - "199BUYCOM" is the voucher for it.

Now if you are looking to buy a Web Hosting plan, search in Google, You will find thousand and thousands of host. Find a cheap but a reliable also. My recommendation is http://hostgator.com they are reliable and good support.
    You can also get a voucher of them like - "websitemag" for First month free.

After buying both, change the name servers (Given in your welcome email from host)

That's it design your site and upload it.

Hope You Understand With This Info.

Regards,
    Sahil:)

18. adwaitk007

adwaitk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey sahil

thanks yaar!!!
    bahutsa samaj aaya!!!

regards,
    adwaitk007

19. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya toh mera fergh he yaar!!!:):)

20. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At first, google and know the meaning of Website and it's reference Web Design, Domain hosting, Web hosting and so on.

If you wan to build your site then use Frontpage software, it's for beginner. Try using free templates, look http://freewebsitetemplates.com offers best and quality templates for free. Use Adobe Photoshop to edit/make designs for images.

How much can you afford to start your own website?

#20 DEADMAN, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009