Guest Posting

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by smartkathy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there. There are lots of algo updated by Google. So what to do now???? Can anyone please tell me is guest posting really helpful to increase my ranks?

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

An excellent question that just happened to be answered by this video by Google's Matt Cutts only one week ago.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, if the site you did guest blogging is quality site or/and high authorized site

4. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That was a very interesting video, I can think it can help but at the same time it cant hurt your site it just depends on the type of post the guest are posting.. But if you have any further questions watch the videos that Business Attorney posted.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wonder how they will identify those websites who will go to the extremes. :D

6. pixacompanyphil

pixacompanyphil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually Matt Cutts always answer every question with one big point - Provide great information for users. You know guys, if you are that kind of person who cares for giving what users want, you don't have to worry about getting your blog post or guest blog post or whatever it is posted on good blogs or get high quality links.

So guest blog is good if it is done right.

7. edword84

edword84
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion Guest Blogging is famous off page SEO technique which brings quality and relevant backlinks. But never duplicate other person's content. Do fresh and unique posts.

8. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is at some point. If you are targeting the right blogs for your articles, the strategy will be really effective.

Google isn't automated and rely on the algo alone. They have their own Search Quality Analysts to examine the websites backlink activities. That's why Matt also mentioned that they also have a manual penalty.

Actually Matt don't really answered the question clearly and a much broader aspect. What I mean is that business before Google didn't even have to link build just to be popular. They have their own stuff going on before even having tons of backlinks from different websites. Wil Reynolds of SEER Interactive also pinpoint the importance of #RCS. Which is clearly the right path. SEO now shouldn't be focus on the search engine. It's how you put an effort to make your website a good place to visit and interact and that's how you can rank.

Google says it's a black hat to buy links... but then a lot of people still do it even big companies...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

10. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, site must be good and not spam itself in Google, otherwise link from that site harm you. Search niche related good blog and ask them for guest posting.

11. theseoresource

theseoresource
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Guest posting is really helpful for increase website ranking. It is a really very good strategy.

12. rajesh

rajesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google recognizes guest posting as natural way of linking to your site as far as you do not spam i.e., you do not post the same articles in different article directories by just changing the words.

13. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is very effective strategy in Search Engine Optimization.

14. crater

crater
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Guest posting on a high traffic and high PR site can bring you many visitors as well as help you with SEO.

15. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I think guest post is a famous offpage technique. There have to get good quality backlink, that's help to increase page rank.