Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gem458, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gem458

gem458
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everybody,
    I have quite a few years experience in retail/sales, so I decided to start a company of my own. I'm building a line of home decor items, from paintings to unique furniture. So I'm hoping to make some connections here, learn some things and exchange ideas! So tell me about what you do, especially you home decor people!! Have a great day all!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good to meet you gem458, welcome to our forum. How do you plan on selling those items, will it be online or through the Internet?

3. gem458

gem458
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, Fergal! I have primarily been selling items at trade shows, home expo shows,etc. Since my experience has been in brick and mortar stores, I was hesitant to sell this way; however, it gives me the advantage of marketing outside of my area, and to people who shop differently. I think it would be great to have a website as well, haven't gotten that far yet though.....and thanks again, I love the forum, tons of info to read! Have a great day!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks gem458, you could make a gentle start in that direction by listing some of your items for sale on eBay and / or other relevant classified ad sites. Our members would be delighted to offer you their advice and suggestions, whenever you are ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.