Greetings from New Jersey, USA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thedocoffice, Oct 30, 2015.

1. thedocoffice

thedocoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello everyone. I am a website owner from New Jersey. I have a long career in Technology but I am just getting started with my own website. (Even though I have made website's for others.) I have just found "Business Advice Forums" and am excited about the wealth of information here.

My first website is at: thedocoffice.com

One question I have about this and other forums:

As I am a long time technologist, I got my experience while most activities on the Internet where anonymous (ish). It seems that many forum posters feel comfortable giving their real name and information. Whereas, I know my activities are discoverable by ISP, Website owners and others, I prefer to only give information to those I have established trust. So the question is what are your thoughts? Should I post my picture,name, other? I am looking for real benefits and concerns, not ideologies. I hope I haven't breached any protocols by asking this in my intro, but I really need to work through it as I am looking to join and engage in these forums.

2. Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the forum.

In regards to sharing your personal information, that is up to you to decide and how much of it you want to share. Sharing ones' real name might not be a problem, though the sharing of pictures can be an issue for some. If you want to be able to keep your information private, only share it with those who you think will keep it private here. :)

3. RakeshKumar

RakeshKumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to BFA, Enjoy your stay.....

4. isbnjs

isbnjs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all welcome to the forum,
    and now the answer in my words for your question according to my thoughts is, I don't feel insecure while posting my real name or other info, not even sharing my picture because the forum we're part of is one of the biggest platform for those people who're looking for advice about their business. There are no thieves thugs or criminals who'll make some kind of worse for you by your information.
    Of course it can be good for the forum like if you'll share about yourself true info then maybe it can help others like new members by this thought that they'll get in their minds when they see a successful business person is a part of this community, so this thought can bring in their minds a hope that they'll get advice from experts and successful people in this community.
    Sorry if my answer's seems messy.

5. thedocoffice

thedocoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the answers. I am leaning towards sharing a bit more :)

6. isbnjs

isbnjs
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's my pleasure, Cool....

7. mariya2

mariya2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you...