Great Small Business Ideas For a Small Town?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Redd, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm thinking of starting an online business but when I look around it's like everything is taken. It would be relatively easy to do what everyone else is doing and hope that I could beat the competition but I'm not willing to take such risks.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nox

Nox
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's quite a tough question not knowing how big your town is or it's demographics. I guess the main question is whether your town is big enough for you segment it and find a niche market. However, business ideas that could succeed in a small town could be things like, organic produce, a spealised gym or outdoor activities site, you could "import" widely used products that aren't easily attainable in your town, a restaurant, Provide delivery services to local business.

In many small towns there is still a great sense of community, so while an online business may be the cheapest business to start up, I don't know if it's necessarily the most suitable in a small town setting. Spend some time online or go to other towns near by for ideas that could be successful in your town

3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is an online business you said, that means you have the world as your market. If you can not accommodate international orders maybe focus on a product or service that you can provide worldwide without having to ship anything.

4. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to start an internet business then you need not worry about being in a small town. Your potential customer base is global. @kaian makes a great point about holding stock but do steer clear of dropshipping. Dropshipping presents a whole host of probems of its own.

5. AndreJ

AndreJ
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you need to start an online business. First need the share your new business details by social media and local business listing. When you can start the online business ? first focus what do want customer ? make the way and increase business sales and traffic.

6. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion it doesn't matter whether your town is small or big, in case you want to start an online business, because you'll find your potential customers online. First of all you have to decide what type of online business to start? There are a few different options, and the best type to start will largely depend on your specific business, and what it is you’re selling. There is an E-commerce site, an Etsy store, an EBay store, and a site with no physical goods sold.

7. prathap

prathap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

don't be so scared, its a on-line business so if your products are good and at reasonable price then you will have good customers. but just keep in mind that to make people aware about your product.

8. Amit Prasad

Amit Prasad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its good to start your own business but analyse all the resources and market area before starting in order to minimise the risk.

9. prathap

prathap
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's right you need to analyse all the resource and market area that is analyse which is product are being sold much on line what price should you sell it what is your profit range and so on. also be sure you dont cheat people

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dronacharya

Dronacharya
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many small business opportunity which could be start with min. investment like t-shirt printing, online selling of fashionable things like leather belt, wallet, girls apparel etc. which can be start with min. investment.

11. DanielCollins

DanielCollins
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Before staring any business, it is important to have a strong business plan for that business. For that, you have need to do proper research on latest market trends about the business.
    Thanks!!

12. AshishDodhia

AshishDodhia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every small and large business need strong planning. Online business is a good idea, but business planning is most important. you research on business requirements, people demand, business marketing strategies, how to provide services and how to get more traffics and more profits.

13. Mary Plunkett

Mary Plunkett
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A grocery shop is a high-quality picture of what it means to run a business in a little town. If you are looking for an ideal business to begin – a mom and pop style of business that require low down start – up capital to set – up, then you should think opening a grocery shop in an ideal locality in your neighborhood. Persons visit grocery stores to re – store their homes as of time to time.

14. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on where you have more interest or which services or products you can provide online using your previous knowledge and practical experience.
    1: You have to decide which products or services you are going to offer or sell
    2: How and where you are going to sell
    3: Which medium you are going to use for selling, website or ebay or amazon or social media

You can even survey your town and find out which is the specialty of your town and if you can sell the product popular in your town from your website to everywhere around then you are good to start.

i.e the town I am living is popular all over the World for its sports goods, leather products and kitchen utensils. So What I am doing is maintaining my business online and looking for clients who show interest in my products. So try to see what is suitable for you then go for it no matter how hard you have to go.

15. AlbenA

AlbenA
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A friend of mine had the same problem couple of years ago. And I will tell you what I told him: Just think, what you want to do, what makes you happy. Imagine, that this will be your job in next 30 years? Do you still feel happy with your idea? The main thing about starting your own business is to enjoy what you do and to feel happy because you do this for yourself. So take your time and think about this. Good luck!

16. Newyorklimous

Newyorklimous
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is an internet business you said, so that you have the world as your market. If you can not provide worldwide purchases maybe concentrate on a products or services that you can provide globally without having to deliver anything.

17. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the time, there is no business that has zero competition. All you need to live with competitor and do innovation to compete with them.

18. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online business prospects are huge in number these days and the need for the right planning prior to investing in such business is essential. Get the best advice from experts in your area and start your business confidently.

19. Brad Young

Brad Young
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally, I would go to a local convenience store or mall and ask people what was missing that they're going to have to shop online for because it wasn't in the shop - could you bring it to them? People are buying based on convenience more and more each day.